PDA

View Full Version : Xbox 360 failed....

Trunks
01-05-2009, 07:55 PM
My 360 won't read any disc accept GH3 for some reason. So I took it apart and have the DvD drive on my lap and I'm going to clean the lins on the 360. Is there anything special I can do to it? Or should I just use alcohol and a Q-tip? and before you think I'm dumb for taking it apart, I haven't had warranty on it for a year now.

Google didn't tell me anything when I searched it and neither did youtube...

edit: Well, I just used Alcohol and a Q-tip, put everything back together and it does the same thing.... I guess I'll just buy a new one. Unless anyone else has something for me to try.

LiNuX
01-05-2009, 09:04 PM
if you can just get a better dvd drive replacement, you'll probably save a few bucks - I don't own a 360 and I never faced that issue on my PS2 so I don't really know what would help - just wiping the lens with a clean cloth should help (usually)

maybe the 360 and GH3 are exclusive now and the GH3 doesn't want the 360 to be seeing anyone else now lol...

but I'll see if I can find anything on that

Trunks
01-05-2009, 09:10 PM
if you can just get a better dvd drive replacement, you'll probably save a few bucks - I don't own a 360 and I never faced that issue on my PS2 so I don't really know what would help - just wiping the lens with a clean cloth should help (usually)

maybe the 360 and GH3 are exclusive now and the GH3 doesn't want the 360 to be seeing anyone else now lol...

but I'll see if I can find anything on that

Yea, I was thinking about buying just a dvd drive, but I have the old model and it's already refurbished. I would be easier and saver to just get a new one if I can't fix this one. Then I can just use this one for parts if I ever need too.

LiNuX
01-05-2009, 09:42 PM
i would check the cost of the dvd drive first, older model parts should still be around and they shouldn't be too expensive - you could save a lot of money that way but if you find that you are just saving a few bucks then you may be better off getting a new one and use this one for parts, but if you find yourself saving a lot more, just stick with the old dvd drive

I couldn't find much on what could cause this besides a failing lens but that doesn't explain why it still reads GH3 - are your other disks clean? maybe someone sabotaged them while you weren't looking lol...happens

jakncoke
01-05-2009, 10:17 PM
sounds like good chance at buying a new jasper 360, pretty sure there fairly common in the wild now.