PDA

View Full Version : Hey all

Beanie
03-28-2007, 07:38 PM
Hey all,

My names Beanie, use to play alot of FPS and RPGs but then time got restricted and now I don't really get much time to play :(

I do however run my own MMORPG called Mafia Lords, it's still growing so I'm not expecting much from it yet, there are many games like it already but I think I could take it in another direction. But this takes up all my free time outside of work at the moment :(

Details about me:

Name: Russ
Nickname: Beanie/McBean

Bought myself a Wii when it was first released, try to play it as much as possible when I get the chance. Can't wait for some online games to arrive, then maybe some of us could hook up and play a few, anyone interested I can always PM my wii address

Most played games in the past were Unreal Tournament (Use to play in the UTAssault league), Counter Strike, CCS, C&C Generals (top 100 UK).

Games I'm looking forward to:

Super Smash Bros (Wii)
Metroid 3: Corruption (Wii)
Super Mario Galaxy (Wii)
C&C 3 (PC)

Always looking to hook up and play some games with people from forums so if anyones interested let me know.

Hope to stick around here for a while ;D

LiNuX
03-28-2007, 08:10 PM
hey welcome to the forum :) a real gamer there :D welcome, if u need anything just ask, we are all friendly here :)

Beanie
03-28-2007, 08:36 PM
Just working out what all the forum features are, seen quite a few of them before but gotta remember the rest lol

As for a real gamer, back in my early teens you'd probably be right, played UT solidly, lets see...it was released in 1999, I stopped playing it around 2005 lol

Unfortunantly I also saw its decline, servers started shutting down, couldn't find active servers any more, the only ones left to play on were the league servers and that started to get boring cause you'd played everyone on there before and you knew everyones tactics lol

Was in a couple of clans during that time:

SoD
IAS
Invincible Snowmen
MI5
MI6

All good clans, though always had the most fun at IAS cause they'd have a laugh too even if we were losing. MI5 was always about winning, if you didn't pull your weight, you got swapped for another member but the communication was always perfect, tactics would be pull off flawlessly every time, sometimes it was just amazing to watch lol

Half-life team fortress was always a favourite too, launch yourself as a soldier with the flag, great stuff ;)

I moved onto CSS when it came out, hung around alot on public servers under the name -=BeanieBaby=-. People hated me cause I'd always run around with a shotgun and get a HS from any angle or distance, was always great fun, don't know why I stopped playing it though...

Now I guess I'll just have to settle for being an admin :(

LiNuX
03-28-2007, 08:54 PM
the pump or the other one i call noob cannon? lol, i love the pump shot gun, does the most damage out of all the weapons -- did over 800 dmg to one person once with this lol :) you have your on css server?

wifi
03-28-2007, 09:04 PM
wow you sound kinda intense lol :P welcome to gamers forum dude :) nice logo on your sig :P

Beanie
03-29-2007, 03:17 AM
Pump of cause :D

Don't have my own server but I did always consider it when I played actively...

WiFi: Thanks, whipped that up in a couple mins ;)

scorp
03-29-2007, 06:00 AM
Welcome to the Linux show :D ?hm to the forum ;)

Twigz
03-29-2007, 09:25 AM
Welcome to the Forum man; I can see you've got a lot going on, lol.

Beanie
03-29-2007, 12:47 PM
I've always been one of those guys that tries to help build a community, now that I've got my own it seems like alot to handle so I hired in a guy to help lol

I plan on getting back into the gaming scene, maybe make a name for myself again in C&C 3. I remember my old school days of Red Alert 2 on a 56k conn, it was so annoying to have the advantage and then "Connection Lost" :(

Not any more though, fully armed with 8mb, bring on the net gaming! :D

scorp
03-29-2007, 02:51 PM
hehe i have played ra2 at 56k too ;) and i was 15times on rank 1 ;) ar2 is a nice game :) my first esport game :)

KittyCat72
03-29-2007, 03:41 PM
Like everyone already said, welcome! I have a Wii too; I guess we're looking forward to someof the same games. I'm still trying to get the WiiConnect24 working, but when I do we can play each other online or something.

souljaa
04-01-2007, 11:24 AM
Im kinda late..but welcome to the forums! :)..Enjoy your stay here.