PDA

View Full Version : :rumor: new PSP to be announced at E3

jakncoke
04-29-2009, 09:28 PM
Sony (NYSE: SNE) is planning to introduce the next iteration of its PlayStation Portable handheld game console in June, according to published reports.
The expected major revamp of PSP will be unveiled at the Entertainment Software Association's E3 conference in Los Angeles, game fan site 1UP.com reported, quoting sources directly involved with the new system.

The sites goes on to say that the new PSP likely will be called the PSP Go! and will be available with either 8 GB or 16 GB of flash memory. It's expected to be released in Japan in September and will debut in the United States in either late October or early November.
If the report is accurate, then Sony will be releasing the redesigned PSP in the United States more than six months after Nintendo released the DSi, the latest iteration of the company market-leading DS portable gaming devices. The DSi has been available in Japan since last fall. The devices sells for about $170 in the United States.

Nintendo's DS line of handhelds has seen sales of more than 100 million units since its release in 2004. Sony has shipped only 50 million PSPs since releasing the device in the same year.

As of Dec. 31, global shipments of 83 Nintendo DS games have topped 1 million copies, according to Nintendo. Seven of those titles topped 10 million.

In March, Nintendo's Wii video-game console and the DS portables led the industry in terms of unit sales, respectively, followed by the No. 3 Xbox 360, according to the NPD Group. Sony's PlayStation 3 and the PlayStation Portable were fourth and fifth, respectively.

If this really comes true, I guess it could mean Sony is really serious about pirating. I mean the news of Patapon 2 going DD only and a Sony suite complaining about Piracy and they go and do this, brings one thing to my head and that's they gently want to push DD on to us

Choke On Candy
04-30-2009, 08:53 AM
I saw that image that other person posted as the new psp. I have a 3000 series and I'm not interested in this smaller slide open version. If anything it should have fslid open to be a chat pad underneath.;(

LemonRising
04-30-2009, 12:54 PM
I'm interested to see what it looks like and what the new features will be.
I've been wanting to get a PSP of my own so I might wait and see if it's worth getting the new one.

EpsilonX
05-01-2009, 01:20 AM
i got the original psp for like $250 lmao

Choke On Candy
05-01-2009, 09:11 AM
i got the original psp for like $250 lmao
yikes you got ripped off;(

hidekipooj
05-04-2009, 05:05 AM
yikes you got ripped off;(

agreed, I got my phat for only 75 bucks from a college-mate

I don't know about the design for the psp go. I personally think if they are going to do it that way, they NEED the L and R buttons on the bottom half. Imagine if they were on the top while playing guilty gear. The hinge would break in a month.

They also need to throw a second analog stick on there.

As far as the No UMD slot rumor, as much as I hate to admit it. It makes sense from their perspective. No manufacturing and shipping of games....more money.

Logical
05-04-2009, 11:45 AM
In one of the game informer magazine's I picked up, it said that the new PSP has noticeable scan lines, that can make playing different games annoying.

Anyone know if they fixed it?

Choke On Candy
05-05-2009, 08:05 AM
What's the deal with systems coming with no memory card? New psp should have one included.;(

hidekipooj
05-05-2009, 08:26 AM
memory cards are a dead technology. Seeing as how it only takes 200-3XX Kilobytes to save data. Just think of HDD's as REALLY REALLY big memory cards...that you can't remove easily

ROFL

jakncoke
05-05-2009, 12:53 PM
memory cards are dead but that doesn't mean systems should not support means of moving data easily from one system to another, really sucks Sony didn't design their system better so they could have kept the card readers instead of being forced to cut it due to costs

Master Ackrovan
05-13-2009, 10:25 PM
Finally. I was beginning to think that there was no new PSP coming out. Seriously, I need me some new things.

I actually kind of liked the old memory card system. Very nostalgic, that is

The name sounds from Japan (though, that should be no surprise, obviously).

- The Great Archon

Jaykub
05-18-2009, 02:42 AM
Can't wait for the new PSP should be awesome

Choke On Candy
05-18-2009, 09:32 AM
Can't wait for the new PSP should be awesome

Why? Looks like garbage...buy a 3000 model