PDA

View Full Version : Call of Duty 4 Modern Warfare

jasonbay
04-25-2007, 09:11 AM
US, April 25, 2007 - Just when you were about ready to run up to the window and yell, "I'm mad as hell at World War II shooters, and I'm not gonna take it anymore!", Activision and developer Infinity Ward are announcing today that the fourth entry in the Call of Duty franchise is moving on from World War II. The game is not quite ready to be unveiled (the game's debut trailer is being debuted on ESPN during the NFL Draft on Saturday), but the subtitle of the game gives away the new direction: Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare is Call of Duty like we've never seen it before. The game looks set to transfer combat operations from WWII to the modern battlefields our soldiers face today.
Little is known about Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare at the moment, but we're hopeful that the move to recent times also ushers in other big changes for the acclaimed franchise. Although some gamers are bound to feel that this sequel is coming uncomfortably quick on the heels of Call of Duty 3, franchise creator Infinity Ward has actually had a good deal of time to work on part 4 -- developer Treyarch handled COD3 while COD4 was deep in development. Activision has not yet announced which platforms the game will be released on, but IGN confirmed in February of 2006 that the development team had been scoping this game out primarily for Xbox 360 and PS3.

Look for the worldwide debut of the Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare trailer Saturday, April 28 on ESPN at 10 am Pacific Time / 1 pm Eastern Time during the NFL Draft. Check back with IGN once the trailer has run for even more on Call of Duty 4.

http://uk.ps3.ign.com/articles/783/783268p1.html

Well im now looking forward to this game seeing WW2 is outta of there gut and hopefully every other dev .

diablo
04-25-2007, 12:43 PM
yay another COD game lol, i havent played all the other ones but cod: 2 i've played a while back. was fun, thanks for info :)