PDA

View Full Version : Elite pricedrop incoming? Ad says YES!

jakncoke
08-12-2009, 01:30 PM
Looks like we have an execution date for the Xbox 360 Pro model, with this shot from a Meijer catalogue due on August 30 indicating the 360 Elite is in line for a Pro-sized price cut.

You'll remember, of course, that the origins of this rumour - Ars Technica's ever-reliable Microsoft mole - are that the 360 Pro is being phased out, taken off the market entirely, and that the 360 Elite will have its price slashed to that of the Pro to compensate. This will leave only two 360 consoles to choose from: the cheap, hard drive-less Arcade and the 120GB HDD Elite.

'Lo and behold, according to this catalogue, that move looks like it'll take place a couple of weeks from now. So long, 360 Pro model. You lived, you red-ringed, you loved.

We've contacted Microsoft for comment, and will update if we hear back from them. If they don't confirm today there's a good change they'll announce next week during Gamescom.

http://i32.tinypic.com/2842eb.jpg

This is very nice. Jak to be an Elite owner soon!

W1CKEDTW1STED
08-12-2009, 02:30 PM
God damnit. I paid $400.00 for mine.

jakncoke
08-12-2009, 02:37 PM
God damnit. I paid $400.00 for mine.

When though? If it was a long ago, I don't see how you could be mad as this is a natural progression for consoles.

W1CKEDTW1STED
08-12-2009, 03:50 PM
When though? If it was a long ago, I don't see how you could be mad as this is a natural progression for consoles.

Heh, like last month... But it came with Halo3 and Fable2.

jakncoke
08-12-2009, 03:52 PM
haha that kinda sucks but as you said you did get Halo 3 and Fable 2 which just about makes up for the 100 difference, correct?

Kujo
08-12-2009, 06:01 PM
Wonder if this means that my trade in value for my Pro model are about to get slashed to bare bones nothingness.

Iceskater101
08-12-2009, 07:00 PM
wow thats cool for all the people who aren't 360 owners
whats the difference between the elite and the regular?
just the color and the memory space right?

jakncoke
08-12-2009, 07:16 PM

I think the new elites will not include hdmi cords and only include composite but as of now yeah the only differences between pro and elite is HDD space and I guess color.

Trunks
08-13-2009, 05:51 PM

Bigger Hard Drive, High Definition, color and Faster processor speed. So it just loads games a little faster than an Arcade version or pro would.

jakncoke
08-13-2009, 06:05 PM
Bigger Hard Drive, High Definition, color and Faster processor speed. So it just loads games a little faster than an Arcade version or pro would.

lol wat?

screwby.

Trunks
08-13-2009, 06:12 PM
lol? the differences are.

It has a bigger hard drive. It has high Definition cables. it has a different color. It has a faster processor speed.

Didn't think I'd have to type it all out like that, so I used a comma and shortened it.

jakncoke
08-13-2009, 06:21 PM
It has a faster processor speed

erm.......

screwby.

Trunks
08-13-2009, 06:29 PM
erm.......

screwby.

What lol? That's what's called. The Processor in the elite is faster than the one in the pro and arcade, look it up. A processor can also be known as a CPU which, all game systems have. CPU stands for centeral Processing unit.

jakncoke
08-13-2009, 06:31 PM
Why would the same chipset be faster in the Elite than the Pro/Arcade?

Trunks
08-13-2009, 06:38 PM
Why would the same chipset be faster in the Elite than the Pro/Arcade?

Chipset doesn't mean speed.

but, never mind. I was lied to I guess just looked it up and there the same =p. So scratch off the faster CPU part.

Kujo
08-14-2009, 12:44 PM
Yea um... you have nO idea what you're talking about. The guts of all 3 (2) versions are the exact same. The Elite currently has bigger harddrive and a pretty paint job. The ORIGINAL 360s back when they first came out only went up to 1080i due to a lack of an HDMI port and the Elites came with one. Now however, all 3 (2) versions have an HDMI port but only the Elite comes packed with the cable. The Pro/arcade versions come with composite/component cables and requires you to purchase your own HDMI cable if you wish to play in 1080p.