PDA

View Full Version : Question

Kenoi
01-16-2010, 01:31 PM
Don't know where to put this but...
Does this forum have a list of games/private servers?
I tried looking around but can't find it.

Diligence109
01-16-2010, 01:39 PM
I think you're looking for this: Gamers Forum :: PS2, PS3, Xbox, Xbox 360, Wii, PC, Fighting, FPS, Video Games - GF Servers (http://www.gamers-forum.com/index.php?pageid=gf_servers)

Also, I JUST got the idea to and opened this thread: The Thread - Gamers Forum (http://www.gamers-forum.com/showthread.php?t=13215)

LiNuX
01-16-2010, 03:30 PM
You'd have to clarify your question a bit. Diligence may have it but I'm getting a more general feeling about your question about having a list of all games and private servers. Could be wrong. Will have to wait for you I guess.

Kenoi
01-17-2010, 03:07 PM
Well Linux, from what Diligence said, yeah that's what I'm looking for... but is that all the games you got there? Will you be adding more games with private servers in the future?

LiNuX
01-17-2010, 03:22 PM
That's all the games. I don't have unlimited money - not many people donate so I can't really set up a lot of servers. The money made from ads pays for the server (both GF servers and the server the forum is on) so we are pretty limited.

But what games do you have in mind? I may be able to set some up but I can't promise anything. Won't be doing any private servers for MMO's. I was going to take down the L4D server later and replacing it with L4D2.

Kenoi
01-17-2010, 09:15 PM
I was going to question this (Won't be doing any private servers for MMO's.) but nevermind, you answered it. haha.
you should replace the L4D with L4D2, since most people play that one now... I think..

LiNuX
01-17-2010, 09:17 PM
Yeah, a lot of people have moved over. But with every new server requires new configurations and hardening so it doesn't get hacked. Can take several hours to get through it so I need to find a good day to do it. L4D still has traffic so I'm going to leave it for a little while longer and then plan on switching over to l4d2.

Kenoi
01-17-2010, 09:28 PM
btw, i tried out the Counter strike source server and ... it wont connect me. I guess it only works with an authentic version of the game..... (sigh) you failed me piracy. haha.
anyway, do what you gotta do Linux. thanks for letting me know.

LiNuX
01-17-2010, 09:30 PM
b I guess it only works with an authentic version of the game..... (

That's exactly it...we connect to the official valve servers and we make sure everything is authentic.

Keeps people that are banned from coming back over and over again raising hell.

Kenoi
01-17-2010, 09:34 PM
Thanks Linux, I'm going to head to the store sometime this week and BUY a copy of Counter Strike Source. haha