PDA

View Full Version : playstation 4????

domking415
07-20-2010, 05:11 AM
Before I invest my money n gettin a ps3 slim can someone tell me when the new generation of consoles will come out so I kno a timeline...

Subb
07-20-2010, 05:14 AM
i really havent a clue, But the best answer i can tell u is to do a search on google its a good place to start.

thedeparted
07-20-2010, 05:17 AM
this gen is going to last much longer than usual. 2012 at earliest my guess is

glenofimaal
07-29-2010, 06:10 PM
this gen is going to last much longer than usual. 2012 at earliest my guess is

Yeah, somewhere around 2012 :yes:

Project Blaze
07-29-2010, 06:22 PM
What the..? I just got my PS3 Slim at Christmas last year, man! Gawd, buy somethin' new and it's only new for two years. The PS3 seems fine enough, now the developers are just showin' off. -_-

Muffincat
07-29-2010, 08:00 PM
What the..? I just got my PS3 Slim at Christmas last year, man! Gawd, buy somethin' new and it's only new for two years. The PS3 seems fine enough, now the developers are just showin' off. -_-

It isn't actually coming out - the poster was asking when it would. But I remember when the PS3 came out, they said they wouldn't be making another console for like 10 years. Doubt they'll keep that promise. But I don't think anyone has any news on the PS4 at this point in time. Unless I am wrong ;D

thedeparted
07-29-2010, 08:40 PM
It isn't actually coming out - the poster was asking when it would. But I remember when the PS3 came out, they said they wouldn't be making another console for like 10 years. Doubt they'll keep that promise. But I don't think anyone has any news on the PS4 at this point in time. Unless I am wrong ;D

This statement was so misinterpreted amongst the entire internet. Sony says hey guys PS3 going to last 10 years and everyone thinks that it's going to be just PS3 on the market. The thing is PS3 may or may not last 10 years, but PS4 will be released before 10 years and they'll both be on the market at the same time. Just like PS2/PS3 are the same market and just like PS1/2 weree

Muffincat
07-29-2010, 09:24 PM
This statement was so misinterpreted amongst the entire internet. Sony says hey guys PS3 going to last 10 years and everyone thinks that it's going to be just PS3 on the market. The thing is PS3 may or may not last 10 years, but PS4 will be released before 10 years and they'll both be on the market at the same time. Just like PS2/PS3 are the same market and just like PS1/2 weree

Yeah I don't really remember; I thought I had read somewhere that they weren't planning on putting out another console for 10 years, buuut I could clearly be wrong, as I read it a long time ago and don't remember.

Anyway, as I said, I highly doubt they would stick to that, even if they had said it, so yeah.

glenofimaal
07-29-2010, 09:56 PM
I bet Sony would release the ps4 to get some more money even if the ps3 could work for 10 years :)

Project Blaze
07-30-2010, 12:22 PM

Hrm.. Well I still play my PS2 after all this time, and got like.. a bazillion gamez for it. lol So I guess when the time comes for that st00pyd PS4 to come out I can just order gamez I want (for the PS3) online if Game Stop doesn't have 'em. XD

BobTD
07-30-2010, 02:55 PM
I dont understand releasing new consoles right now. They just started balancing the cost to make the PS3 with its sale price.

I highly doubt its to boost sales of games since everyone is pretty broke after buying a new console as it is, the only reason to push for more power is to accommodate game developers and open up more possibilities to attract more exclusive titles.

Im sure that somewhere out there is a studio working with specs for the next gen system, working on a 3-5 year project to have a fea awesome release titles, but it seems like a risky game to me. Sony must have pretty good sales in its other endeavorers to knowingly build another system that will loose money for years after its release.

Even if the next gen consoles where not released for several years, the longer you wait the better tech your going to be able to play with. So my best guess is the first person to set their hardware selection in stone looses the race.

thedeparted
07-30-2010, 06:56 PM
I dont think devs would be too happy having to spend more money on new dev kits, I think they want to sit back and make some bucks from this gen for a little bit.Sony defiantly needs to get right this time no way they can do another gen of starting off losing 200 per unit, they need to learn from Nintendo make money from the get go

Jaykub
07-30-2010, 07:11 PM

Infernal you have to understand systems and graphics etc etc are always updating and thats why they come out with new systems. Not just to show off.

Project Blaze
07-31-2010, 12:44 AM
Infernal you have to understand systems and graphics etc etc are always updating and thats why they come out with new systems. Not just to show off.

Blah, still makes 'em look like they're showing off. -_- I mean, it's not like everyone can afford to keep up-to-date with new consoles/systems... or that might just be me... >_<

woodrolf
08-27-2010, 02:15 AM
lol,I think so.game company need money

Crazy_matty
09-05-2010, 02:14 PM
i cant wait it is going to be sick :D:D:D

Slayer509
09-05-2010, 02:26 PM
I got interested in this, so I googled Playsation 4, and this website came up. Playsation 4 (http://sonyps4.com/)

I clicked on it, and I didn't know what to think cuz there was some real intense stuff, so I didn't know if it was real or not. I guess not, because most of their stuff is based on "rumors". One of its rumors is that the Playstation 4 is going to come out in 2012, so there is still plenty of time before anyone needs to start really worrying about getting the new Playstation 4.

Aniki
09-05-2010, 06:53 PM
Wow, I gotta admit, I payed 600 for my PS3 (price when she went out in my country) and I'm very glad with my purchase, but I sure wasn't hoping for the new PS4 already... The design is very cool tho, but I don't think
much people will order/buy it (at least for a while).

loeedd
09-06-2010, 08:13 PM
yeah,I think ps4 is on the way,coz the game producer want to earn more money

LemonRising
09-06-2010, 09:28 PM
Theres a bunch of rumours that its coming out around 2012.
considering its been out since 2006, i'm not surprised. It'll still be getting a decent run.

Still, its a great console <:

Ilyich Valken
09-06-2010, 10:11 PM
I wouldn't be looking for any new consoles till 2013 at the earliest. At this point, there's absolutely no reason to bring out new ones, even money. They've no where reached the pinnacle of the 360 or the PS3, and the console war is no longer run by which console has better graphics (though people would still love to argue about it).

Slayer509
09-07-2010, 08:32 PM
In addition to the possibility of a Playstation 4, Sony has mostly been working on Playstation Move, (the thing that looks a lot like the wii system controllers). I think that they have been focusing on this a lot lately, so there probably won't be a Playstation 4 until 2012.

JamReadyTeacups
09-08-2010, 12:57 PM
A "PS4" will almost always be 1.5-2.5 years out from the date Sony Officially announces they are working on a brand new console.

And if they announce it around a holiday season, expect it those numbers to be any integer of 1, 2, or 3 years from announcement.

They haven't announced one yet, so just mentally tack on those years ahead of your purchase!