PDA

View Full Version : Halo Movie - back on track?

Scott
08-19-2007, 07:21 AM
Quoted from xboxfamily.com (http://www.xboxfamily.com/news%20stories/halo_movie.htm)

HALO: The Movie is already filming (Release Summer 08)

Peter Jackson and 20 Century FOX told us all HALO was postponed sue to a lack of interest. No one believed that, but then the movie and all information about it disappeared from everyone's radar. HALO fans, as well as Peter Jackson fans felt let down and couldn't figure out how this project didn't make it.

Flash to E3 2007 where viewers and guests were treated to a trailer showing props that required a lot of work. We were then told it was just a promotional clip for Halo 3. No one asked why there was a LIVE ACTION clip to promote the game? Well XF did. Shortly after E3, images of full size Warthogs started popping up on the net. The public still didn't put 2 and 2 together. Now I know some of you did, but wanted proof to back up your theories.

Put your theories to rest. The movie is already in production. Those Warthogs are from the movie. D.B. Weiss (Lucky Wander Boy) handled the final script with Neill Blomkamp handling directing responsibilities. There really is a reason they came out of New Zealand. Think about it. Halo ... grassy rolling hills ... Peter Jackson? All we've learned so far is that the movie is set for release the Summer of 2008 and is planned to be heavily marketed. Again, this is confirmed.

So sit back an relax Halo fans. Your movie is less than a year from being in theaters.

Lol I don't think Summer '08 is very likely.

cwbolton
08-19-2007, 07:26 AM
lol i never liked halo i plaied it on a network once and came like 9th out fo 10 lol

LiNuX
08-20-2007, 09:59 PM
oo wow a halo movie, would be awesome lol, could be out in 2009 lol, i doubt summer 08, nothing ever comes out as predicted

souljaa
08-22-2007, 09:37 AM
I'm really looking forward to this one. Gotta love Halo :). I'm a big fan, hopefully comes out atleast by 09.

GF Eric
09-20-2007, 12:47 PM
Oh snap, I think I seen like a preview to something like this where its real life battles with the brutes and 2 ODSP trying to retreive a package. The are under heavy attack and one gets shot but still makes it. A pelicon drops in to give them a warthog to get away but they get shot with a plasma grenade or something like that and they crash into a wall. But I don't know if they die.

Jasperking
09-20-2007, 12:52 PM
i think ive heard about this movie for a while. I think it would rock depending on who makes the movie and if theres tons of action in it :)

GF Eric
09-20-2007, 01:09 PM
But the way this little 2 minute clip was AWESOME with SO MUCH ACTION and a lot of HALO TYPE BATTLE GROUND ON EARTH. and the brutes looked so real plus the Pelican was awsome.

Jasperking
09-20-2007, 01:50 PM
alot of clips are taken from the best parts of the movie and tend to be the only good parts lol

GF Eric
09-20-2007, 01:51 PM
alot of clips are taken from the best parts of the movie and tend to be the only good parts lol

Its still a good movie because the way its going to be made.

Jasperking
09-20-2007, 01:57 PM
i wonder if they will really release it on 2008 though... i hope they dont postpone it

Scott
09-20-2007, 04:22 PM
i think ive heard about this movie for a while. I think it would rock depending on who makes the movie and if theres tons of action in it :)

Well Peter Jackson is making it. So expect it to be long!

Jasperking
09-20-2007, 05:22 PM
lol thats good. I hate it when people turn games or anime into movies and they turn out to be crap and puts you off the whole series

Scott
09-20-2007, 06:31 PM
lol thats good. I hate it when people turn games or anime into movies and they turn out to be crap and puts you off the whole series

Yeah there has been a load of awful game movies. I'm not sure if there has ever been a good one.

Jasperking
09-20-2007, 06:34 PM
umm actually i cant think of any good ones either :/ final fantasy wasnt that good ooo i know Final fantasy Advent children that was a good film!

Scott
09-20-2007, 06:37 PM
umm actually i cant think of any good ones either :/ final fantasy wasnt that good ooo i know Final fantasy Advent children that was a good film!

All 3 Resi Fils sucked and then there was Silent Hill Doom Mortal Kombat and the awful Super Mario Bros movie which has just been released on blu - ray - do they actually expect someone to buy it?

GF Eric
09-21-2007, 01:15 PM
Trust me this one will rock with all the explotions, the big ships, the weapons and the great story line.

Scott
09-21-2007, 02:14 PM
There's alot of good sounding game movies on the way. But you know they will not all be good. But Halo the movie will be good.

Jasperking
09-21-2007, 05:49 PM
lol you cant guess if a movie will be good just cause of the title and a small trailer XD

Scott
09-21-2007, 07:58 PM
lol you cant guess if a movie will be good just cause of the title and a small trailer XD

Peter Jackson is a part of it and it's Halo so how could that formula fail?

Jasperking
09-22-2007, 06:31 AM
lol i guess thats true. He usually makes movies to perfection :) although im scared that he chose to use a game movie