PDA

View Full Version : Dynasty Warriors 7 - Is it worth my hard earned money?

DarkSideDK
04-29-2011, 02:50 AM
Hey guys. I'm sitting here getting bored playing DW6, and I was just wondering if any of you had tried the new DW7? The internet seems to be full of mixed reviews about this game, so i can't really figure out if i want it or not?

State your opinion :)

Diligence109
04-29-2011, 08:43 AM
imo, DW6 which you've been playing wasn't worth your money. They didn't even try to balance characters for that game... lazy game :(

I'm scared to try DW7 though I love the series so much I would be tempted to try and forgive it... maybe I'll trade in DW6 to try it out XD I'll be sure to let you know what I think if I get it

DarkSideDK
04-29-2011, 10:49 AM
Thanks. Looking forward to the review. lol

But imo, DW has never ever had any balance, lol, I mean back to the first game i tried on ps2, there was always some random guy that just had the better special or the better combo.

Diligence109
04-29-2011, 02:18 PM
it's true - there's always been characters that were just better than the rest. But in DW6 there were characters that were just plain useless and virtually unplayable (think of the fan girl :()

I only played DW4 and it was much earlier and I was much less "aware" of games from a design perspective when I played it so maybe I just don't remember it that well, but I still wept a little for DW6 XD Not gonna lie, though, it made me nostalgia and I no-lifed the game with my g/f (Muffincat) and it was fun (though I would occasionally complain at the game while playing it obsessively)

Brav0snow
04-29-2011, 07:54 PM
DW7 is basicly the same game as the others.

Not much has changed.

Just graphics etc.

Story arc is very long, worth the time if you are a fan of the series.

DarkSideDK
05-01-2011, 04:50 AM
Thanks guy. I think I'm gonna go buy it :)

Mizel
06-09-2011, 12:07 PM
Im glad I checked this out! Love DW and completely forgot about the new one.... need to check it out :)

Muffinbat
06-11-2011, 02:46 PM
DW7 is basicly the same game as the others.

Not much has changed.

Just graphics etc.

Story arc is very long, worth the time if you are a fan of the series.

Did they add back in the more interesting weapons that were removed in 6? It was quite a downer to choose people I had liked a lot in previous versions of the game due to their interesting weapons and get a spear/sword.