PDA

View Full Version : The Dark Knight

Scott
10-04-2007, 06:03 PM
This is a discussion Thread on the new and upcoming Christopher Nolan movie "The Dark Knight".

Write in and comment on whatever you like about this new Batman movie. Will The Joker be convincing? Might this movie be an improvement or better than Batman Begins?
(These are an example of just some of the questions that may raise a debate.)

Movie images (http://www.batman-on-film.com/TDK_images_menu.html)

Jasperking
10-04-2007, 06:05 PM
hmm im not really into the batman movies like i used to rofl. But i might look into it sinse batman begins was good.. Do you think it will be better than batman begins :p

Supermoose
10-04-2007, 06:08 PM
Christopher Nolan is a very capable director, and Batman Begins (along with Memento and The Prestige) certainly stands as a testament to that. I have a feeling The Dark Knight will be equally satisfying, if not considerably better. Now that Nolan has fleshed out his version of the Batman, the story can progress much more.

I questioned the casting of Heath Ledger as the Joker initially, but it's growing on me. I've never considered him a particularly talented actor, but if he can familiarize himself enough with the Joker's character from The Killing Joke (the comic his role is based on) and improve his skills with Nolan's guidance, he could make a convincing Joker.

IMO, Nolan's Batman's dark, brooding aura fits the character perfectly, and The Dark Knight will prove that all involved are hitting their stride.

Scott
10-04-2007, 06:09 PM
Christopher Nolan is a very capable director, and Batman Begins (along with Memento and The Prestige) certainly stands as a testament to that. I have a feeling The Dark Knight will be equally satisfying, if not considerably better. Now that Nolan has fleshed out his version of the Batman, the story can progress much more.

I questioned the casting of Heath Ledger as the Joker initially, but it's growing on me. I've never considered him a particularly talented actor, but if he can familiarize himself enough with the Joker's character from The Killing Joke (the comic his role is based on) and improve his skills with Nolan's guidance, he could make a convincing Joker.

IMO, Nolan's Batman's dark, brooding aura fits the character perfectly, and The Dark Knight will prove that all involved are hitting their stride.

I totally agree. Well said.

Supermoose
10-04-2007, 06:12 PM
I find Keaton/Nicholson overrated, frankly. I'll give Keaton his props, but Nicholson's over-the-top style didn't do it for me to sell his performance; Nicholson was Nicholson, not the Joker.

Bale/Ledger is sure to be significantly better. The former has proven himself (he was superb in The Prestige, as well), and I doubt that it'll come down to whether Ledger makes or breaks the role; it'll be more about whether Nolan guides him along the way properly or not, and I'll go on the record here and say he does it to a T.

Scott
10-04-2007, 06:13 PM
I find Keaton/Nicholson overrated, frankly. I'll give Keaton his props, but Nicholson's over-the-top style didn't do it for me to sell his performance; Nicholson was Nicholson, not the Joker.

Bale/Ledger is sure to be significantly better. The former has proven himself (he was superb in The Prestige, as well), and I doubt that it'll come down to whether Ledger makes or breaks the role; it'll be more about whether Nolan guides him along the way properly or not, and I'll go on the record here and say he does it to a T.

I totally agree on that. Jack Nicholson was just himself and not The Joker. God, its going to be really interesting to see what Nolan comes up with. Joker should have been done like the Joker in the comics from the very start. Dark, but also insanely histerical.

Ghost
10-04-2007, 07:07 PM
i dont know whatt to make of this new jokers look cause the makeup/paint looks all smeared wich means that it cant possibley be permanent wich means he just puts on it on wich means he didnt get this look from being scared in a accident.
maybe im wrong...