PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars or Star Trek

Metallica1983
10-04-2007, 06:47 PM
I choose Star Wars cuz its my favorite movie series of all time

LiNuX
10-04-2007, 06:52 PM
im not a fan of either but i'll say star wars for arguments sake and cuz it seems to be bigger with a bigger fan base

Ghost
10-04-2007, 07:03 PM
Star Wars because Star Trek isn't nearly as good.

Jasperking
10-04-2007, 07:15 PM
Star Wars ill say because it had a nice story in the end lol and was really well done. Star Trek is good also though

wifi
10-05-2007, 09:19 AM
star wars lol, and i didnt even watch most of the movies, just some of my friends love them for some reason

giga_girl
10-05-2007, 09:22 AM
i'll go for star wars...very beautiful movie...and i like the plot of the story...

Scott
10-05-2007, 03:24 PM
im not a fan of either but i'll say star wars for arguments sake and cuz it seems to be bigger with a bigger fan base
I am not a fan either. But Star Trek has been going longer. So I'd think it has more fans. Otherwise it would have ended a while ago

Jasperking
10-05-2007, 03:26 PM
I think people who are in their 30's or higher would prefer star trek over star wars lol

lonewolfxix
10-05-2007, 07:17 PM
Star wars, better story, better more believable characters.

Star trek older than star wars? the first 'trek episode was aired in 1988... the first star wars movie was released christmas 1977... google before spouting stupid crap like that.

plus, you're comparing 6 multi million dollar movies accompanied by 3 animated tv series, loads of comics, books and comic book annuals, 3 christmas specials, a star wars magazine that's been running for the last 20 years with an awesome gaming franchise and so many collectable figures some fetching liturally 1000s of pounds (my brother has the original millenium falcon toy, it's worth loads now i expect.) and with conventions held in almost every city including my tiny city twice a year to spock? goddamn. I played one of the first 'trek games, randomly got it with something i bought on ebay, it seemed fun at first then it got boring, but star wars episode 1 the phantom menace on ps1 RULED!

Jasperking
10-05-2007, 07:23 PM
Well my dad loved all the start treks anyway lol.. Although apparenly when star wars epsiode 1 well 4 my dad said that it was something that had never been done b4 and was amazing for the time.

lonewolfxix
10-06-2007, 06:35 AM
Episode IV was revolutionary when it came out ;) The Original Trilogy, every time a new one came out it was amazing. Episodes 1-3 were put off until technology had advanced to a level where the movies would look even more amazing, it's a shame George Lucas didn't make them aswell as the original trilogy, god I hate Ja Ja Binx. I used to have a toy of him that came in a set.. he kind of got melted. and on the games I always shot at him. =)

KittyCat72
10-06-2007, 08:35 AM
I could never manage to sit all the way through either one of those shows so I voted niether. I prefer Lord of the Rings myself.:cool:

Jasperking
10-06-2007, 10:30 AM
lol yeah i prefer lord of the rings but its weird not to sit through a work of art :p

lonewolfxix
10-06-2007, 03:22 PM
Star Wars isn't a show, it's a movie. star trek i just laugh at the guy with the funny ears then change channel... a more comparable subject would be stargate or star trek, since starwars is a MOVIE that's been out for just under 30years

LiNuX
10-06-2007, 04:07 PM
star wars is a very very long movie lol but like jasper i prefer lord of the rings over this one, even though the ending to lotr was stupid

lonewolfxix
10-06-2007, 07:23 PM
it's not that long, i can watch the original trilogy in an evening.'tis not that hard :P i don't like lotr... SW appeals to me more, stupid fkin hobbits.... pffftt

Jasperking
10-06-2007, 07:35 PM
lol lord of the rings beats star wars in so many ways :p.. when star wars first came out it was good but the last few wasnt really that breath taking

Mizel
06-08-2011, 11:23 AM
While I like them both... Star Wars all the way :D

paecmaker
06-08-2011, 03:34 PM
If I havfe to choose between star wars and star trek, I choose SW all the time. Its a much cooler universe and more "alien" In ST most aliens look like humans with strange ears and wrinkles and even if I enjoyed the latest movie I still like SW more.

Both the films and some games(mostly the KoToR serie) made me stuck(But Im not a SW nerd).

Steavz
06-25-2011, 12:22 AM
Star Wars - well, before it became mutilated within the last decade.

Saph
06-25-2011, 06:37 AM
Omg are you serious?

More people like Star Wars than Star Trek?

I, I am speechless...

Star Trek blows Star Wars and Battlestar Galactica etc. way out of the water, it was so damned awesome, and there's a really good reason why the full collection of all Star Trek: The Next Generation episodes costs $900. The 1960s star trek I agree, sucked, but the 1980s and 1990s? Friggin brilliant in my opinion, Star Wars just got NOTHING on it to me.

paecmaker
06-25-2011, 01:47 PM
Omg are you serious?

More people like Star Wars than Star Trek?

I, I am speechless...

Star Trek blows Star Wars and Battlestar Galactica etc. way out of the water, it was so damned awesome, and there's a really good reason why the full collection of all Star Trek: The Next Generation episodes costs $900. The 1960s star trek I agree, sucked, but the 1980s and 1990s? Friggin brilliant in my opinion, Star Wars just got NOTHING on it to me.

I enjoyed the next generation episodes in star trek but I personally feel that the SW universe is just more intruiging than ST.

Exentenzed
06-25-2011, 01:49 PM
And Battlestar Galactica was great in my oppinion.

Then again i never where a "trekie" or whatever the fans are called. :)