PDA

View Full Version : Spiderman 4 in the works. Sam Raimi won't be writing or directing

Scott
10-17-2007, 10:23 PM
Spider-Man to return for a 'different' fourth film

Spider-Man is returning for a fourth installment of the superhero franchise, but without director Sam Raimi in the director's chair

Raimi directed the first three movies and wrote 2007's Spider-Man 3 - but the filmmaker is stepping back to let someone else create their own vision for the web-slinging adventure.

He tells MTV.com, "Right now, a writer is being sought to write the next installment. We're in the very early stages. I won't be working on the story. It'll be a brand-new writer coming in with a brand-new story - a fresh take on the Spider-Man series.

"We're hearing different versions right now and really enjoying the different stories. Hopefully, we'll hear one that sounds right for the fourth installment."

When asked if would produce the movie, rather than direct, Raimi replies, "Yes, that's right. In this case, it's more in the writer's hands. I'm going to let the writer envision where Peter Parker would go to next."

Link (http://www.newswatch50.com/entertainment/story.aspx?content_id=6c1c7b4e-c12f-4c19-98d5-4fb076c0a7c8)

He did his best with the first two movies, and then tried to do too much with the third. This is probably a good thing. The fourth, with the same team, would have probably flopped.

Toxic
10-18-2007, 12:48 AM
Well at least its someone else.

Sam did fine for the original thought. Maybe some fresh minds will bring it back.

Just hope they dont bring that JJ Abarm or whatever the **** his name is.

Ghost
10-18-2007, 01:25 PM
Probably a good thing. I wonder if Tobie and Kristin return.

NDM
10-18-2007, 02:52 PM
I just hope they dont ruin it. Cus the first 3 movies were good. Just hope the 4th dont get 2 messed up.

Cov3rt
10-18-2007, 04:58 PM
Good, he's a good director and all, spiderman 1 and 2 were all good but the third one... was ...crap! cheesy as hell.

FattaT
10-19-2007, 01:46 AM
Good, he's a good director and all, spiderman 1 and 2 were all good but the third one... was ...crap! cheesy as hell.

Still haven't seen the 3rd one, most people said it wasn't that great... so I guess I'll wait for them to put it on TV, wont even bother downloading it.

Metallica1983
10-20-2007, 11:27 PM
there was a rumor going around that there is suposed to be like 4 or 9 other villians i dont remember

Scott
10-21-2007, 01:22 AM
Probably a good thing. I wonder if Tobie and Kristin return.

Oh no I hope not!

ShakerMaker
10-27-2007, 06:32 PM
I Won\'t Watch This. Raimi did a damn fine job with his run. I Actually Loved Part 3. WTF People? No Love for Spidey anymore? Seriously though, If They Had Taking out The Goth Look of Petey, It Would\'ve Been Better. Other than that i Thought it was better than 2. The Action scenes was cool as FCUK.

Scott
10-27-2007, 06:36 PM
I Won\'t Watch This. Raimi did a damn fine job with his run. I Actually Loved Part 3. WTF People? No Love for Spidey anymore? Seriously though, If They Had Taking out The Goth Look of Petey, It Would\'ve Been Better. Other than that i Thought it was better than 2. The Action scenes was cool as FCUK.

Heres what i found wrong with it.

*characters cried every 2 mins
*Black goo just happens to land a few feet away from spidey and his gf.
*where did the black goo come from? whats the story with it?
*shallow character development for Venom/Eddie Brock
*Tried too hard with the story by cramming to much stuff, 3 villains, Sandman's background, trouble with MJ, Harry's changing attitudes, 2 different Spidermans, competition at the Bugle, Gwen Stacy,...it's to much.

If your a movie buff you can easily see its flaws, but if your not, then hell yes it's a good action movie, but that's it.
If anything Spiderman 3 should have been split into 2 parts, spidey 4 could already be in production now.

prateek/pwnage
10-27-2007, 07:07 PM
yeah I probably wont watch this either. I did actually watch the first 3 movies but only slightly liked the first movies. I thought the other ones were a flop. Just didnt keep me interested.But idk. lets wait and see what happens with this one.

red_socks
10-29-2007, 04:01 PM
Who will be the Villains of Spider Man??
It Lizardman?Carnage?Vulture?