PDA

View Full Version : Web Browsers

diablo
09-17-2006, 04:27 PM
which web browsers do you use? i use internet explorer and firefox the most, they are my 2 primary browsers, i also use netscape browser, its old now. i used to use aol browser, but i dont have it anymore, its not too good, which do you use? i heard opera is pretty good

crazay
09-17-2006, 04:30 PM
i use internet explorer the most, well its the only one i use, i gonna try to get firefox and opera browsers later, i have friends that use both and they seem happy lol

LiNuX
09-17-2006, 04:34 PM
i use IE and firefox too lol, i use IE way more than firefox, internet explorer is the most friendliest to me lol, i have opera, but never used it, i dont know why, i'll try it out later

Thor Erik
09-17-2006, 05:17 PM
IE and FF is for pussies :P Opera is tha browser :P

sign89
09-18-2006, 06:14 PM
I use Fire Fox, its much neater looking and runs great.

aosmallan
09-29-2006, 06:22 PM
I love tabbed browsers, so IE doesn't do it for me. Not only that, but IE is THE most succeptable to any type of malware, as most malware is programmed to attack IE and other Windows-based programs.

Personally I'm not a fan of FireFox because of all the damn Plug-Ins you have to download when you want to integrate certain file types to the browser. I'm sure if I had them all it would be fine, but I like having something that just works... I get it, set it up for my use, and it works without ever having to mess with it again.

I use FlashPeak SlimBrowser, a very simple, not too flashy tabbed browser. Likely just like other tabbed browsers, I have it to where all I have to do type is the word in the middle of the URL to go somehwere. (i.e if I want to go to www.google.com all I type is "google" and hit enter and it adds the www.com if I want something .net, then I just hold shift when I hit enter to fill in the word for www.net). I have my aliases set up etc (such as type "gt" to go to gametiger.net). I just like it lol... it works for me... not to say that it's what everyone else should use.

The most recommended (and most popular) tabbed browser to date is Avant Browser. I would probably switch, but I've gotten too used to SilmBrowser.

M_Nabil
10-16-2006, 01:23 AM
FF here. I haven't used Opera before but I hear it is very good.

LiNuX
10-16-2006, 12:48 PM
im using opera now, i like it a lot, better than ie, but ie is still my default browser

Twigz
10-16-2006, 01:18 PM
FF and IE are the ones I use the most as well...AOL browser is crappy, at least I think so...but FF is the fastest browser that actually works on my comp but IE 7 is fast as well...ohh...now I can't make up my mind!! >:(

Twigz
10-19-2006, 05:51 PM
Hold on...there's a browser named "Opera"? WTF does that do? Same capabilities as FF, IE or AOL? Help me out here please... :-?

LiNuX
10-19-2006, 09:17 PM
Hold on...there's a browser named "Opera"? WTF does that do? Same capabilities as FF, IE or AOL? Help me out here please... :-?

its actually better than all those lol http://www.opera.com/index.dml go to that link, u can download it there, u should like it, i do for sure :D

Haloer2006
10-20-2006, 06:27 AM
yeah it is.. its really nice.. I use it from time to time.. say if im going 2 be going to sites that may be melicious..

Twigz
10-22-2006, 12:40 PM
Wow, I just downloaded Opera and it RULES! I'm fixin to use this browser for everything now...and have you guys heard of the new AOL "Open Ride"?

Thor Erik
11-29-2006, 12:47 AM
btw, i checked the FF core :p it's actually not safe in any way, since it dosen't block potenital dammaging scripts(xul applications) IE is 100% more safe than FF2/1.5 it dosen't block a **** of the possibly harmfull scripts...(i made a script that could infect you with a virus(it just infected the user with a song :p) and execute it. the user would't know, and the scrip loaded over into the system, so if the user closed the browser it would't affect the script :p)

as i always have been saying:
USE OPERA FFS!

diablo
11-29-2006, 12:07 PM
yea i dont like FF2, i have an older version of it, even though i dont use it as much, IE and Opera i use now, opera is hot lol

LiNuX
12-10-2006, 10:49 AM
btw, i checked the FF core :p it's actually not safe in any way, since it dosen't block potenital dammaging scripts(xul applications) IE is 100% more safe than FF2/1.5 it dosen't block a **** of the possibly harmfull scripts...(i made a script that could infect you with a virus(it just infected the user with a song :p) and execute it. the user would't know, and the scrip loaded over into the system, so if the user closed the browser it would't affect the script :p)

as i always have been saying:
USE OPERA FFS!

didnt know that about ff2 until i read that lol, but that sux, i dont even use firefox in the first place so i dont care lol

csquare016
12-11-2006, 04:09 PM
never tried it,. i havent updated.

LiNuX
12-11-2006, 04:55 PM
good dont, yet, until thor says lol, he's like one of those people that know about browsers, in my old computer, before it fryed out, i was using IE4 lol, the current new version was IE6 of course, lotta new stuff

EvilDude
12-19-2006, 03:32 AM
Has to be FireFox...

I was running the old ver for ages till I came across the new one