PDA

View Full Version : Is Batman Begins the best superhero movie ever? Will Nolan top it with Dark Night??

Toxic
10-28-2007, 05:24 PM
Just asking, though I do think that Batman Begins is pretty much a perfect film--if you can overlook Katie Holmes, which I could.

What Nolan does so well in "Batman Begins" is to reinform the Batman legacy with a backstory, allowing audiences fully into Wayne's world and thus, in turn, the man behind the mask. This differs from Tim Burton's version, which offered no insight into why Bruce Wayne selected a bat, of all vermin, as his guise of choice. Instead, Burton went for comic-book camp, which Nolan eschews in favor of new-age realism. As a result, his movie is dense and introspective, neither truncated nor rushed.

It's never boring - far from it - and it doesn't assume we know the legend going into it. Instead, it makes us see again why Batman has mattered to so many for so long. It's Bruce Wayne's ascension into Batman that the movie gets right.

Will Nolan top it with The Dark Knight? Tough call, but I wouldn't bet against him.

Scott
10-28-2007, 05:27 PM
For me Batman Begins is the best superhero movie I've seen. I like how it showed how Bruce Wayne became Batman and all of his training and why he chose bats and also why he wanted to be Batman. I don't think any of this was really addressed in the previous Batman movies. Yeah there were flashbacks of when his parents were killed in the previous movies but they never went in depth into the origin of Batman like Batman Begins did. As far as topping the movie with The Dark Knight that's hard to say. I'm sure Nolan could top it or at least make the movie as good as Batman Begins.

Toxic
10-28-2007, 05:30 PM
Yes! It's just such a superior, well-informed, beautifully written movie. After Memento, Nolan is one of my favorites. I think he's going to top Batman Begins. I'm eager to find out.

How do the rest of you feel?

Scott
10-28-2007, 05:33 PM
Yes! It's just such a superior, well-informed, beautifully written movie. After Memento, Nolan is one of my favorites. I think he's going to top Batman Begins. I'm eager to find out.

How do the rest of you feel?

Yeah he's beginning to become one of my favorites too even though I've only seen 2 movies that he's directed. Batman Begins and The Prestige. Both very good movies.

Ghost
10-28-2007, 05:50 PM
This will definetly be better. BB was a great Superhero movie (but I like Spiderman more). but thanks to it being a prologue, alot of it was backstory. Now, Bruce is Batman, and we can have the plot without a ton of backstroy.

Toxic
10-28-2007, 06:00 PM
This will definetly be better. BB was a great Superhero movie (but I like Spiderman more). but thanks to it being a prologue, alot of it was backstory. Now, Bruce is Batman, and we can have the plot without a ton of backstroy.

I agree, sort of like how Spider-Man 2 was (in my opinion) better than Spider-Man. We were informed by the backstory and were able to get on with the action.

Too bad about Spider-Man 3, though. Didn't work nearly as well for me.

red_socks
10-29-2007, 04:03 PM
Nah, It will not be Batman...I would say its Superman...
Hows that??

wifi
10-31-2007, 10:36 AM
batman begins wasn't my favorite movie, well it wasn't even on the top 10 or 100 list :-P what about spiderman?