PDA

View Full Version : Host Advantage...

TeknoVagrant
12-04-2007, 06:52 AM
What are the advantages to being a host in a game? Also, what exactly is a host and how do you become one?

Supermoose
12-04-2007, 06:53 AM
Xbox Live works by having one Xbox 360 "host" the game. That means everybody else who is in the game is connected to their Xbox. They are hosting the session. Bungie randomly picks host out of the connections in the game before it starts, usually giving it to somebody who has a better internet connection. Usually, the host his weapons are a lot stronger, it's just the nature of having host. Sometimes the whole host team might be a bit stronger as well, it seems like it's that way in Halo 3.

The only way to be host more is to get a better internet connection really. If you're over 10megabit download and 1 megabit upload, you'll get host a lot more often! That's just in general though, also where you live in relation to the people in the game helps pick host. A lot of people around Texas might get host with a bit weaker connection, because they might be the best host for the match since they are halfway between everybody in that game if there are west coast people and east coast people playing together. It would be the best connection for everybody to connect "halfway" so to speak. The further away, the more it's going to lag usually.

Raw!
12-04-2007, 06:54 AM
You simply create or "host" a game on Halo, wait for people to come in. The advantages are is it is your rules. You can set the map, how many weapons, vehicles, etc.

Monkeyboy
12-04-2007, 07:53 AM
While the host excuse can be pretty ridiculous, it does get frustrating when you are consistently beat in BR battles or by melee because someone happens to be host.

I have DSL, so my connection sucks for the most part. Melee battles suck for me.

Toxic
12-05-2007, 07:26 AM
Does this have anything to do with the crappy melee system?

DeadCell
12-05-2007, 07:27 AM
Does this have anything to do with the crappy melee system?

I think....

If you 2 hit at the EXACT same time, the person with the better connection will get the kill( or do the most damage)