PDA

View Full Version : Hey All

FallenMorgan
01-10-2008, 01:10 PM
Hi all, my name is Morgan. I run my own gaming community and everything, but the point is that I'm new here. My message got messed up when I said v b u l l e t i n . o r g

Nice site.

LiNuX
01-10-2008, 01:23 PM
hey morgan, welcome to gamers forum, hope you enjoy it here, and yes all links are blocked out, you have to earn the right to post links here, otherwise spammers go crazy, our way of keeping control

for more rules be sure to read the FAQs and if you have more questions don't hesitate to ask, we'll be more than happy to help you out

enjoy the forum and welcome once again :D

jakncoke
01-10-2008, 01:30 PM
hello welcome to the forum.

FallenMorgan
01-10-2008, 01:31 PM
ok, and I need ten posts to play in the arcade, so...

laalalalalalalalalalalala

lol. Seriously though I'll make constructive posts and everything. On my site I have something like that to get rid of spammers, so they started to put spam links in their sigs, which was somewhat annoying.

LiNuX
01-10-2008, 01:54 PM
ok, and I need ten posts to play in the arcade, so...

laalalalalalalalalalalala

lol. Seriously though I'll make constructive posts and everything. On my site I have something like that to get rid of spammers, so they started to put spam links in their sigs, which was somewhat annoying.

speaking of sigs, no sigs until you've hit 10 posts and been a member of our forum for 24 hours - same for postings links and images :D we are strict but it pays off to stop a lot of these spammers

FallenMorgan
01-10-2008, 01:57 PM
Good strategy, I'll try that.

Ever notice that the spammers usually come when nobody's posted for a while? That's what I noticed. Where do these spambots come from? And who's sick in the head enough to make them?

jakncoke
01-10-2008, 02:01 PM

Ever notice that the spammers usually come when nobody's posted for a while? That's what I noticed. Where do these spambots come from? And who's sick in the head enough to make them?

There's got to be a lot of money in the spam buisness or else why would it seem spam gets worse year after year.

LiNuX
01-10-2008, 02:12 PM
they spam to get traffic which can convert to money for them, if those visitors turn into customers and stuff

most spammers usually try and advertise sites that has some sort of products for sale, like the MMORPG money and powerleveling crap - if they can get people to purchase those, they get money

and yea, sadly it gets worse year after year

FallenMorgan
01-10-2008, 02:21 PM
Sort of like a internet version of those really stupid commercials, you know those, the ones with the blue screen at the end with the number and everything, for things like "Kinoki Foot Pads" or something that dosn't really work and it's crap that only an idiot would buy.

Blackbird
01-10-2008, 06:48 PM
Welcome to Gamers-Forum, if you have question don't hesitate to ask. Read the rules and have fun :)

Metallica1983
01-11-2008, 05:10 PM

Well I'm sick in the head but not that lol I hate spam so much and viruses why would some A-Hole create somthing that can ultimately destroy you computer and cost you hundreads of dollars to fix

Kiss
01-11-2008, 05:32 PM
welcome! enjoy gamers.