PDA

View Full Version : G4

Riku-Nara
02-20-2008, 09:21 PM
Does anyone watch G4?
for anyone who doesn't know what it is, it's basically a channel dedicated to video games and technology (at, at least used to be )

LiNuX
02-20-2008, 09:23 PM
what channel is that? lol i've never heard of it, weird

i don't watch much tv anyways, just comedy central at times

Strickin
02-20-2008, 09:24 PM
I love G4, it is one of the best shows on TV besides Mythbusters lol

Riku-Nara
02-20-2008, 09:41 PM
what channel is that? lol i've never heard of it, weird

i don't watch much tv anyways, just comedy central at times

it's really a low brow channel.
Only started about 4-6 years ago, never quite got that big.
Ratings have been low so they've gotten rid of some of the shows that woulda made them noticable, and replaced them with cops and cheaters and such. Lot of people never heard of it.

Nerdy Knight
02-20-2008, 09:51 PM
Yeah, I love G4. I've been watching it since I was 10. I pretty much like every show on there, except the stupid ones like Cops and Cheaters. Everything else is pretty good though. Their new Duty Free TV segments are great. Super Big Product Fun Show is awesome! I'd have to say my favorites are X-Play and Ninja Warrior. Comments on this?

rukisuto
02-21-2008, 05:44 AM
I've heard of it, but I've never been able to find the channel.
Lol.

jakncoke
02-21-2008, 08:53 AM
G4 is below average at best. X-Play the ppl are annoying when they review games, Ninja Warrior is solid, that 8-bit cartoon was solid as well, also the show that's similar to Ninja Warrior where they do a course with a bike and the other where they do a course while walking on their hands is pretty cool as well.

Kiss
02-21-2008, 09:30 AM
I kinda watch G4 the only thing i watch is Ninja Warrior. Anyways if you have dish network its 191 or something like that.

jakncoke
02-21-2008, 09:34 AM
If you have awesome Directtv is 354

Riku-Nara
02-21-2008, 03:02 PM
G4 is below average at best. X-Play the ppl are annoying when they review games, Ninja Warrior is solid, that 8-bit cartoon was solid as well, also the show that's similar to Ninja Warrior where they do a course with a bike and the other where they do a course while walking on their hands is pretty cool as well.

It's called unbeatable bannzuke.

jakncoke
02-21-2008, 03:19 PM
Code Monkey's is made of complete win( that's the 8-bit cartoon I was referring too)

Nerdy Knight
02-21-2008, 03:26 PM

I do agree that the new X-Play is too bogged down with unnecessary things like Cheats and Gamer Tips, because they already have another show for that. I really enjoyed their older versions though with not as much crap, more comedy, and more reviews. The rest of the show I think is great too, besides the dumb ones like Cops and Cheaters.

Nerdy Knight
02-21-2008, 03:26 PM

I do agree that the new X-Play is too bogged down with unnecessary things like Cheats and Gamer Tips, because they already have another show for that. I really enjoyed their older versions though with not as much crap, more comedy, and more reviews. The rest of the show I think is great too, besides the dumb ones like Cops and Cheaters. Code Monkeys is "teh bomb" as well.

Jaykub
02-21-2008, 03:57 PM
its for REAL the best show

GF Eric
02-21-2008, 06:58 PM
It was great back in the day. Now it just sucks crap. Its no longer the video game network. Only thing on there is X-Play and Attack of the Show. G4 sucks now.

KingHellFire
02-21-2008, 07:01 PM
It's an okay channel, I watch X play mostly.

What I don't like though is that G4 can be very biased and for the most they really don't like the ps3. Lately they have been getting into the ps3 and having more reviews but when it first came out and several months after it all I heard was dissing towards it.

Riku-Nara
02-21-2008, 07:23 PM
G4's been trying to appeal to a broader audience now, because if it's low ratings, which is why all of these bull shows have been added, and the existing shows have been bogged down. (although xplay's excuse is a shortage of games, with a high demands for the show)

KingHellFire
02-21-2008, 08:19 PM
Yeah, and the larger audience tends to like the 360 a lot which makes almost all of the reviews for 360 games. Kind of bs if you ask me.