PDA

View Full Version : 2009 Movies

jakncoke
02-21-2008, 11:42 AM
Brave New World: Ravaged Planet: Sounds interesting

After super-villains obliterate Chicago in 1976, those Americans fortunate enough to have powers must either work for the US government or go underground. Today, the legendary Patriot leads the rebellious Defiance against his former masters, the sanctioned super-powered operatives known collectively as Delta Prime. When the Primers capture Patriot, his friends must find a way to break into the toughest super-prison ever created-or watch him be executed before the entire world.

Coxblocker: pass

William Cox (Grace) meets his ideal woman, only to find his advances continually blocked by her ex-boyfriend/current best friend (Scott), who is trying to find a way to win her back.

Angels &Demons: will consider.. tom hanks movie

Angels and Demons was the reclusive author’s third novel after he gave up his job as an English teacher. It tells the story of Langdon’s brush with a shadowy secret society, the Illuminati, and his frantic quest for the world’s most powerful energy source, in the company of a beautiful Italian physicist whose father, a brilliant physicist, has been murdered.

Friday the 13th: Will consider

Looking to reopen a camp for special need kids a group of councilors encounter a snag in their plans when an unknown person begins to pick them off one by one.

G.I Joe: Will consider

An elite military unit comprised of special operatives known as G.I. Joe, operating out of The Pit, takes on an evil organization led by a notorious arms dealer.

Halo: Pass

After they crash-land on an artificial ring-world called “Halo”, a navy captain, his surviving marines, and a chemically-and-surgically-enhanced supersoldier named John-117 “Master Chief” must find out what the Covenant, the genocidal alien race they are at war with, are looking for on the ring. However, Halo holds more secrets than either side imagined.

Old School Dos: pass

Mitch, Beanie and Frank return for more laughs as they open the fraternity doors to a new generation of college students.

Xmen Origins: Wolverine: will watch

Wolverine lives a mutant life, seeks revenge against Victor Creed (who will later become Sabertooth) for the death of his girlfriend, and ultimately ends up going through the mutant Weapon X program.

Playboy: pass

A biography of the life of Playboy magazine founder Hugh Hefner

The Brazillion Job: pass

Charlie Croker and his fellow crew of expert thieves head to Rio de Janeiro to pull off another heist in this follow up to The Italian Job.

Conquistador: will watch

The story of 16th century explorer Hernan Cortes (Banderas) and his mission to bring about the demise of the Aztec empire.

Sin City 2: will watch..Jessica Alba ftw

In the dark bowels of Sin City, Dwight plans to have his vengeance against the woman who betrayed him, Ava Lord, while Nancy is trying to cope with Hartigan’s death.

1776: will watch tom hanks is the producer

A look at how General George Washington led the war of independence against the powerful British army in 1776

The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus: pass

A traveling theater company gives its audience much more than they were expecting.

Inglorious Bastards:will watch

A band of US soldiers facing death by firing squad for their misdeeds are given a chance to save themselves - by heading into the perilous no-man’s lands of Nazi-occupied France on a suicide mission for the Allies.

Arrested Development: pass

Terminator Salvation: The Future Begins: will consider

After Skynet has destroyed much of humanity in a nuclear holocaust, a group of survivors led by John Connor (Bale) struggles to keep the machines from finishing the job.

CO-ED Magazine The Most Anticipated Movies of 2009 (http://www.coedmagazine.com/entertainment/5811)

rukisuto
02-21-2008, 01:52 PM
I pretty much agree with everything you'd watch/won't watch.
Hopefully they make Angels and Demons better than the Da Vinci code. I really like that book.

I'll definitely have to see the Halo movie though, good or bad :]

Strickin
02-21-2008, 02:05 PM
Halo would be so kick-ass!

Jaykub
02-21-2008, 04:29 PM
All seem cool but Cox Blocker lol

EpsilonX
03-04-2008, 07:23 PM
Halo would be so kick-ass!

Movie video games usually suck...seeing as Halo already sucks, i'm sure the movie would be god awful

Who's directing it though? I heard somewhere that it's Ridley Scott? If it is him, i'm going to see it though. His movies are amazing

rukisuto
03-04-2008, 07:27 PM
Movie video games usually suck...seeing as Halo already sucks, i'm sure the movie would be god awful

Who's directing it though? I heard somewhere that it's Ridley Scott? If it is him, i'm going to see it though. His movies are amazing

True.
But being the Halo fan I am I would see it knowing its demise, lol.
I'm anticipating the trailer release for it.

wifi
03-04-2008, 08:44 PM
aren't there like other friday the 13th movies already? why make more with the same title lol :-P