PDA

View Full Version : Another Basket-Brawl

LiNuX
12-17-2006, 06:32 PM
On a Saturday Basketball Game -- The New York Knicks v. The Denver Nuggets -- Another basketball fight occured. it came after the intentional foul by Mardy Collins on J.R. Smith. There was just the call. But then Nate Robinson just goes in and punches Smith after provoking him and then picks a fight with Carmelo Anthojny. But Carmelo Anthony retaliated and throw a big punch to Collins then ran away from Jared Jeffries. It will result in a lengthy suspension. All 10 players in the court were ejected from the game. Some suspensions will occur just like the last BasketBrawl. The Detroit Pistons v. Indiana Pacers where Ron Artest was suspended for the rest of the season.

The Nuggets won the game 123-100

Anybody aware of this situation? This is just sad. But funny to some. They fight for no reason. I'm gonna go look for a video of this and see if i can put it up here.

TheKing
12-17-2006, 08:36 PM
Yes this will go down in history as one of the biggest nba brawl perpaps in all sports. Wow this one is one to remember. Carmelo anthony punch the daylight outta collins right in the mouth. Some say it was a sucker punch.. Look for melo to get the worst out of all the suspensions... Go Knicks!!!

LiNuX
12-17-2006, 10:16 PM
lol he will get suspended, im disappointed in all of them, i still think the pistons v pacers brawl was the biggest lol, since more people got suspended and charged and tried in court lol, even some fans ;D good old days

TheKing
12-18-2006, 01:50 PM
The suspensions and fines are below:

The Knicks and Nuggets organizations have each been fined $500,000 each as a result of the altercation.
Nuggets forward Carmelo Anthony has been suspended for 15 games.
Knicks guard Nate Robinson has been suspended for 10 games.
Nuggets guard J.R. Smith has been suspended for 10 games.
Knicks guard Mardy Collins has been suspended for six games.
Knicks forward Jared Jeffries has been suspended for four games.
Knicks center Jerome James has been suspended for one game for leaving the bench during an on-court altercation.
Nuggets forward Nene has been suspended one game for leaving the bench during an on-court altercation.

Twigz
12-18-2006, 03:51 PM
They all got exactly what they deserved, except for Isiah Thomas, he should have gotten at least 2 games for provoking it...but still, it's crazy and athletes are more "hard" now than ever...I think that it's just wrong and they need to think real hard on the people that they are affecting when they take on these actions...little children who admire these men are gonna look at this and try to mimic what they do...just another sign that the world is ending...oh, and by the way, Carmelo was a straight-up coward to get that late hit in...and then run away!

LiNuX
12-18-2006, 06:09 PM
The suspensions and fines are below:

The Knicks and Nuggets organizations have each been fined $500,000 each as a result of the altercation.
Nuggets forward Carmelo Anthony has been suspended for 15 games.
Knicks guard Nate Robinson has been suspended for 10 games.
Nuggets guard J.R. Smith has been suspended for 10 games.
Knicks guard Mardy Collins has been suspended for six games.
Knicks forward Jared Jeffries has been suspended for four games.
Knicks center Jerome James has been suspended for one game for leaving the bench during an on-court altercation.
Nuggets forward Nene has been suspended one game for leaving the bench during an on-court altercation.

thanks for that info, the newspaper today was way off lol, said carmelo anthony got suspended for 10 games and nate robinson for 5, they did get what they deserve lol, but it was funny, at least nate robinson didnt run away after punching a guy

Twigz
12-21-2006, 04:56 PM
How is that funny? It's kind of sad to watch grown men fight like that...to me, they aren't even men for stooping that low...but hey, it is my opinion....which doesn't count for much anyway... :-\

LiNuX
12-21-2006, 04:59 PM
well this is like that thing we were talking about at english class lol, i dont know if its any of those, but i guess it can be automatism

Twigz
12-21-2006, 05:07 PM
Yeah, that's right, that's the one...none of those players were even thinking about (or thought about) what they were doing, they just did it....leading to idiocy on their part...yeah, it is kinda funny once you think about it... :D