rukisuto
03-09-2008, 07:54 PM
http://blog.ugo.com/images/uploads/10000bc_teaser_thumb.jpg

Starring: Steven Strait, Camilla Belle, Cliff Curtis, Joel Virgel
Directed By: Roland Emmerich
Released By: Warner Bros.
Theatrical Release Date: 03/07/2008

Synopsis:
In a remote mountain tribe, the young hunter D'Leh has found his heart's passion -- the beautiful Evolet. But when a band of mysterious warlords raid his village and kidnap Evolet, D'Leh leads a small group of hunters to pursue the warlords to the end of the world to save her. As they venture into unknown lands for the first time, the group discovers there are civilizations beyond their own and that mankind's reach is far greater than they ever knew. At each encounter the group is joined by other tribes who have been attacked by the slave raiders, turning D'Leh’s once-small band into an army. From there they will take their stand against a tyrannical god who has brutally enslaved their own. And it is here that D'Leh finally comes to understand that he has been called to save not only Evolet but all of civilization.

[from MovieFone.com (http://movies.aol.com)]

Review:
Upon reading the synopsis I thought this would be a very awkward and misplaced love story, but I was wrong. Overall, I found this movie very enjoyable. The effects were well done when it came to the environment and animals. The plot needs paying attention too or you could get lost with what's happening. I thought the plot was well put together and probably could have gone without the love story. It should have been more about conflict with the environment, man, and beast. The acting was awkward and corny about 30% of the time, but didn't deter me. The fight scenes and hidden humor made up for it. The movie was far from a piece of art, but I recommend renting it on DVD.

Critics Rating: 5/10
My Rating: 7/10

MilkshakeNinja
03-10-2008, 08:59 AM
:) Yeah the effects in that movie were awesome, and enjoyable to watch. Though the plot line was kind of cheesy, and I was expecting more action and epic dinosaur fights to take place. But, overall it was an alright movie.

jakncoke
03-10-2008, 11:27 AM
This movie got slammed by rottentomatoes but I still plan on watching it seeing rt slams a lot of movies I like.

LiNuX
03-10-2008, 02:18 PM
this was never a movie i planned to watch in theaters, in fact, i don't plan to go to the movies as long as my term in college is still on lol

good review :D i'll wait for DVD or for it to come out on TBS or something

Scott
03-22-2008, 07:28 PM
I never thought it looked like my kind of thing... so I never saw it... And after what I've heard I'm not going to bother to see it

colin08
05-02-2008, 07:08 PM
awsome film