rukisuto
03-12-2008, 05:53 AM
http://sneakerboxx.files.wordpress.com/2007/10/american_gangster.jpg

Starring: Denzel Washington, Russell Crowe, Josh Brolin, Chiwetel Ejiofor
Directed By: Ridley Scott
Released By: Universal
Release Date: 11/02/2007

Synopsis:
There was a time when no one noticed reserved driver Frank Lucas, but when the criminal kingpin he transports through the city streets suddenly dies, Lucas seizes the opportunity to build his own criminal empire. In the following months, Lucas solidifies his status as Harlem's most innovative drug dealer by delivering a product that is purer than the competitors' and cheaper, as well. When innovative businessman Lucas attempts to go semi-legit by becoming one of the Manhattan borough's biggest civil supporters, however, street-savvy outcast cop Ritchie Roberts begins to sense a sizable shift in the hierarchy of the drug underworld. But Roberts is one of the few honest detectives operating within a corrupt system, and as he sets out to investigate the case, crooked detective Trupo does everything in his power to compromise the integrity of his idealistic counterpart. Upon clearing all of the usual Mafia-connected suspects, Roberts begins to believe that a previously unknown black power player has come out of the woodwork to dominate the local drug trade. While Roberts and Lucas may be operating on opposite sides of the law, the one thing that both men have in common is a strict code of ethics that separates them from their opportunistic colleagues. Now, as a confrontation between the two men becomes inevitable and the fate of each becomes inexorably tied to the other, it gradually becomes apparent that only one of them will emerge from the conflict victorious.

[from MovieFone.com (http://movies.aol.com)]

Review:
Before I watched this I heard rave reviews and that everyone loved it. I didn't love it, but I found it to be really good. The only thing that got to me was the length of the movie; it was two and a half hours long. I found it to be dragged out a little more than it should have, but that was the only real downside I could find. Both Denzel Washington and Russel Crow did a great job protraying the characters and putting life into the film. The movie actually made me fall for Denzel's character. By the end I wanted the bad guy to prevail. This film did a great job highlighting the corrupted cops and the drug lords of that time. The ending for me was the best part, and it was made better by the fact that this movie was based on a true story. I really suggest seeing this film, it's worth it.

My Rating: 8/10

LiNuX
03-12-2008, 06:54 AM
this was a really good movie, based on real events and whatnot, denzel washington did some good acting there

good review but just like you i wanted him to win at the end lol, but he got himself a plea bargain and told on everyone else lol

rukisuto
03-12-2008, 10:27 AM
this was a really good movie, based on real events and whatnot, denzel washington did some good acting there

good review but just like you i wanted him to win at the end lol, but he got himself a plea bargain and told on everyone else lol

I would have done that too, lol.
His girlfriend screwed him over by making him wear that coat.
He probably would have never got caught if he didn't wear it.

I really liked how he didn't want to stick out as the ring leader.
He was smart :]