rukisuto
03-24-2008, 09:11 PM
http://www.slashfilm.com/wp/wp-content/images/hitmanposter.jpg

Starring: Timothy Olyphant, Dougray Scott, Olga Kurylenko, Robert Knepper
Directed By: Xavier Gens
Released By: Fox
Theatrical Release Date: 11/21/2007

Synopsis:
An international assassin known only as Agent 47 carries out high-profile hits for a mysterious organization known only as "The Agency" in this adaptation of the popular Eidos Interactive video-game series. Agent 47 is an elite, genetically engineered assassin who takes great pride in his work. His lethal grace, steady shot, and unparalleled precision have all served to make him one of the most sought after assassins in the world. But when the killer without a conscious is faced with an unanticipated series of developments, his entire perception of reality begins to shift. On assignment to take out a Russian head of state Bellicoff, Agent 47 is caught off guard by the appearance of presidential look-a-likes. When the high profile hit captures the attention of such powerful intelligence organizations as the CIA and Interpol, agent Mike Whittier (Dougray Scott) is dispatched to reign Agent 47 in. Meanwhile, a mysterious Russian prostitute named Nika (Olga Kurylenko) has walked into Agent 47's life, causing the methodical killer to become overwhelmed by emotions that were previously foreign to him.

[from MovieFone.com (http://movies.aol.com)]

Review:
This was probably the best movie adaptation of a video game I've ever seen. I'm a big fan of the Hitman series and I think they did a pretty good job of portraying the character and the game for what it was. The plot of this movie strayed from the plots of any of the games that were made, and I didn't really think it was portrayed very well. I did find it very action packed and witty, though. I really enjoyed the fight scenes. Weapons ranged from ballers to pistols to AKs and even to swords. If you need your fill of action, I'd say rent the movie. Otherwise, I'd stick to just playing the game.

Critics Rating: 4/10
My Rating: 6/10

LiNuX
03-24-2008, 09:13 PM
i really liked this movie, had lots of violence lol, shooting and killing were my favorite parts

good action - story could have had more shooting

rukisuto
03-24-2008, 09:16 PM
i really liked this movie, had lots of violence lol, shooting and killing were my favorite parts

good action - story could have had more shooting

The violence was definitely the best part, lol.
I think a better actor should have been picked for the role of Agent 47.
Timothy Olyphant didhave hard enough features anddidn't even have the voice of Agent 47.
I was disappointed, lol.

LiNuX
03-24-2008, 09:24 PM
when i first heard that they were gonna make a movie of this i was thinking they were gonna put vin diesel or something lol but this guy was alright - could have been better as you said

rukisuto
03-24-2008, 09:28 PM
I like it more when they use actors I'm not familiar with.
It ruins it for me when blown-out celebrities play roles like these.

I'm rallying for a Splinter Cell movie next :]

Scott
03-25-2008, 06:44 PM
I thought about going to see it. But I went to see the doom movie and it was a waste of time and money, and I got Silent Hill on DVD and it was pretty rubbish too. So, I've given up on Game movies. But I might get this on DVD when it's in the sale be cause I like action movies.

Raw!
03-25-2008, 06:47 PM
AHHHAHAHAHHA!
I WAS GOING TO DO THIS NEXT@!!
*sniff*
So this is revenge?

Nice review, I really enjoyed the movie to. I felt it was lacking, but the action was packing.

Woohoo, that rhymed.

rukisuto
03-25-2008, 08:34 PM
I BEAT YOU :]
That's for taking Horton Hears a Who, lol.

It's like battle of the movie reviewers.

looere
03-27-2008, 03:36 AM
that's the type I love

rukisuto
03-27-2008, 08:14 AM
Those have no relevancy to this thread.
Make your own thread for that.

jakncoke
03-27-2008, 08:27 AM
video game movies.. they are lol worthy for being such POS movies.

blaze4556
03-27-2008, 12:19 PM
i hated it. thought it could have been way better. the movie should have had loads of people for him to assasinate.

rukisuto
03-27-2008, 05:53 PM
i hated it. thought it could have been way better. the movie should have had loads of people for him to assasinate.

Then the movie would be way too long.
They tried building a story around the assassinations, so there was only like two.

blaze4556
03-28-2008, 12:28 PM
Then the movie would be way too long.
They tried building a story around the assassinations, so there was only like two.

yh but how many times does he steal someones uniform? or steathly kill a person with fibre wire? its not hitman...

Scott
03-28-2008, 01:16 PM
So it's another rubbish game movie with very littlle in common with the game?

blaze4556
03-28-2008, 01:30 PM
So it's another rubbish game movie with very littlle in common with the game?

in my opinion...yes

Scott
03-28-2008, 01:50 PM
in my opinion...yes

From the trailer I saw I thought that too. But I rarely ever trust the trailers. The trailer for Smokin Aces looked amazing but the movie had very little action.

blaze4556
03-28-2008, 01:51 PM
lol i fell asleep while watching smoking aces

jakncoke
03-28-2008, 02:02 PM
Smokin Aces defiantly was a sucky movie, but Alisha Keys <3