PDA

View Full Version : Will Iron Man fly or flop?

MetalMario
04-19-2008, 03:58 PM
I have read a few chapters in the novel of the movie and I have watched the trailer for Iron Man. It will be a big disappointment if this one goes to the dogs because of all the computer effects. Just look at the Fantastic Four, that movie was lost because of a bad script and overuse of technology. I just hope and probably everyone hopes that Iron Man is steel and scrap metal.

Scott
04-19-2008, 04:04 PM
I think it's safe to say that Iron Man will not flop. I think it will do well.

IceCold
04-19-2008, 04:11 PM
It's getting a good early buzz, and it's tracking at 70 million opening weekend.

Nerdy Knight
04-19-2008, 04:20 PM
This movie did look really good, and the effects were pretty amazing! It seems like they're going in the right direction with this one. Like you said, The Fantastic Four movie was lame, because the script was lame. Anyways, I'll most likely go see that, seeing as how it's the only decent looking movie coming out as of recent...

Foxhound
04-19-2008, 04:23 PM
I think Downey Jr's charisma and energy is going to make this movie accessible to many people, comic book fans or not. Besides the fact that he was an inspired choice to play Tony Stark, the special effects look good so far and te movie just looks fun.

It will do good business but short of spidey levels.

IceCold
04-19-2008, 04:27 PM
It will do good business but short of spidey levels.

Spidey levels are completely unrealistic.

Scott
04-19-2008, 04:31 PM
Spidey levels are completely unrealistic.

I think it'll beat spiderman. Word of mouth, enough fun for the kiddies and enough adult entertainment for the adults and Robert Downey Jr means it could possibly be realistic that it could possibly be the highest grossing superhero movie ever.

IceCold
04-19-2008, 04:35 PM
I think it'll beat spiderman. Word of mouth, enough fun for the kiddies and enough adult entertainment for the adults and Robert Downey Jr means it could possibly be realistic that it could possibly be the highest grossing superhero movie ever.

Yeah I kinda doubt it will gross over $400 mil. It wont even cross $300 mil.

Scott
04-19-2008, 04:48 PM
Yeah I kinda doubt it will gross over $400 mil. It wont even cross $300 mil.

But why?. If this movies as good as it can be based on premise, actors, director and source material, then why could it not be a 3 to 4 hundred million maker?, I'm sure nobody thought titanic could be that huge but yet, there it sits like a tumour atop the all time grossers list. Give me Downey Jr being charming funny and endearing, a very fun and faced paced plot that enthralls and great special effects and I bet it could easily top them.

It has that potential, Now, sadly so did Transformers but they screwed the pooch there. Let's hope that Iron Man doesn't suffer the same fate.

Ghost
04-19-2008, 04:55 PM
itll never be as good as iron maam

Scott
04-19-2008, 04:58 PM
itll never be as good as iron maam

You really thought that was funny? that was painful to watch.

rukisuto
04-19-2008, 05:56 PM
It definitely won't flop in theaters because of all the hype.
Whether the actual movie will be a flop..?
I hope not, I really want to see it.

LemonRising
04-19-2008, 06:20 PM
I think it'll do pretty well, but I don't see it being better than transformers or spiderman.

It'll probably be good (as long as they keep lame jokes to a minimum but I think it's pretty decent from the looks of it) but it doesn't have the fanbase I think, of spiderman/transformers.

Transformers was like "giant robots fighting, awesome graphics. cool."

Ironman is sort of "...fantastic four flop? or will it be decent and ACTUALLY FUNNY? D:"

That's my perspective anyways.

Iceskater101
04-19-2008, 06:30 PM
I dont know I might go see it but chances are I wont. It will not measure up to spider man he rocks!

Megaman
04-19-2008, 11:03 PM
I think it'll do well, but it wont beat spiderman.