PDA

View Full Version : The official X-Files 2 Anticipation/Reaction thread

MetalMario
04-23-2008, 07:01 PM
In here we can talk everything X-Files, whether it's news about the new film, or maybe some of your favourite episodes, so feel free to have at it at your own risk.

As for me, I'm a big fan of the show: Now I haven't seen every single episode, or the first film so I will try to get caught up on that as quick as I can.

So, anyone here a fan?

Scott
04-23-2008, 07:06 PM
Sure I like the X-Files, I have seen every episode but not the movie. I can't wait to see this one.

MetalMario
04-23-2008, 07:11 PM
Well here's some bad news, the movie wont be any kind of alien mythology story at all.

Scott
04-23-2008, 07:27 PM
I think that it is VERY good that the second film will not focus on the overreaching alien mythology. It will however involve an alien conspiracy.
The mythology was too complex and by The end of the series it made no sense, if this film does well, then the third X-Files film could focus on the 2012 alien invasion.

I think that a horror/thriller film will interest casual X-Files fans and non-viewers to watch the film. Also let's not forget the teenagers who were kids, babies or not born during the X-Files hayday may gravitate towards a horror/thriller film. Chris Carter says that he wants to reach out to a teen audience with this film.