PDA

View Full Version : PSP help

fatbot
04-24-2008, 07:14 PM
Greetings all

I am looking at getting a PSP for my sons birthday in May but at the moment am having some trouble deciding what to go for.

From what I understand there are 2 versions out, a fat one and a slimmer one. Do these both have the same performance for playing games and watching movies or is one better than the other?

Many thanks for your assistance
Fatbot

Raw!
04-24-2008, 07:32 PM
I'd get a fat one. I heard the slim is a bit more different then the fat. But they play similarily.

Anyway, my advice is get a fat.

Scott
04-24-2008, 07:40 PM
I don't know about any differences in performance. But the Slim PSP is much more comfortable to hold, especially if your son's hands are small.

Riku-Nara
04-24-2008, 07:41 PM
Great to see parents coming to experts for their children, so props to you for being an awesome father.

Second, there really isn't much of a difference.
Both have the same battery life (The PSP Slimline does have a 1/3 reduced battery, but uses energy efficiently enough to still be one par with the original PSP)

I'd think that the slimline psp has more bundles going on now then the original psp.

I know there's a star wars battlefront bundle, and a god of war bundle.

Both pretty much do the same thing, but i'd suggest the psp slimline, just because of that new game smell.

LiNuX
04-24-2008, 08:01 PM
i have the old (fat) one and it runs great - played the slim one at a store, didn't see any difference in performance or even quality

you can really go for either but as others said, the slimline has reduced battery power so I would recommend the older one

but again, it is up to you, not much difference in either -

good luck!

fatbot
04-25-2008, 06:13 AM
Thanks for the information guys, stuff like this can be very confusing for a novice.:-)

Toby83
04-30-2008, 10:42 AM
PSP fat if it's for a younger kid :). b/c it seems more durable if he drops it or somthing. But if hes 11-14 around there I think he would enjoy a Slim a little bit more :).

EpsilonX
05-01-2008, 04:28 PM
Slim has bigger RAM, can connect to the tv, and has longer battery life. And it's also lighter. But personally, I like the way that the old one looks and feels better than the slim.