PDA

View Full Version : Alien versus Predator

Raw!
04-27-2008, 10:40 AM
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o292/Train13-14/AlienVsPredator-newteaserposter.jpg

Directed by: Paul W.S. Anderson
Written by: Dan O' Bannon ("Alien" characters), Ronald Shusett ("Alien" characters), Jim Thomas ("Predator" characters), John Thomas ("Predator" characters), Paul W.S. Anderson (screenplay)
Release Date: 13 August 2004
Starring: Sanaa Lathan, Raoul Bova, Colin Salmon, Lance Henriksen

Plot Outline:
During an archaeological expedition on Bouvetøya Island in the Antarctic ocean, a team of archaeologists and other scientists find themselves caught up in a battle between the two legends. Soon, the team realise that only one species can win.

Review:

I definately have to say this is a really good movie. It keeps you at the edge of your seat, but it doesn't quite "give you a scare" as the "Alien" series did. I still enjoyed it, and it's quite creative how they connected the "Predator" series and the "Alien" series and saw them fight it out. The ending was very well done. I mean, we saw the second movie coming. All the fights were really good and I enjoyed just watching those 'aliens' beat the hell out of each-other. The thing I disliked about the movie was the simple plot. However, simple isn't always bad is it? But it could have been a bit more complicated. Anyway, I recommend you rent this movie, because it was really good. Also, don't worry about being scared, it's not really scary at all, unless you get scared of 'aliens' and stuff like that.

9/10

rukisuto
04-27-2008, 12:17 PM
I love AVP and the other series of movies before it.
AVPR was a let down for me though.

Good review :]

LiNuX
04-27-2008, 01:50 PM
this movie was better than avp:r lol - actually made sense partly

and i seriously forgot how they came out until i read that plot outline lol - good review

Ghost
04-27-2008, 01:55 PM
i thought it was dumb and i nearly fell aslep when i was watching it

Iceskater101
04-27-2008, 07:42 PM
I have never seen this movie but I plan too.

Raw!
04-27-2008, 07:52 PM
AVP:R was boring for some reason. They didn't do a good job, and in AVP it was actually entertaining.
I bet that there will be a third one. The ending of 2 kind-of hints at a third movie?

Scott
04-29-2008, 08:12 PM
I remember the day this was released on DVD. Aliens is my favourite movie ever so I couldn't wait to see this and I was so dissappointed, this is one of the 5 worst movies I have on DVD. It was almost as bad as Freddy vs Jason. After this and FVJ I've decided that I'll never watch another Vs movie ever again...

colin08
05-02-2008, 07:07 PM
cool film i prerfered the second 1 tho

EpsilonX
05-02-2008, 07:57 PM
cool film i prerfered the second 1 tho

You're the only one on here with good taste imo.

I thought the first movie sucked. it was a disgrace to the Alien and Predator franchises. AvP R redeemed it though, with cool action, cool characters, and some sweet monsters

Plus, the original AVP's predators looked like football players with masks and dreads, and the fight scenes were clearly fake. I think I even saw a scene done in stop-motion.

jakncoke
05-02-2008, 07:59 PM
I remember the day this was released on DVD. Aliens is my favourite movie ever so I couldn't wait to see this and I was so dissappointed, this is one of the 5 worst movies I have on DVD. It was almost as bad as Freddy vs Jason. After this and FVJ I've decided that I'll never watch another Vs movie ever again...

bad in the same sentence as Freddy vs. Jason.. does not commute.. I like Alien versus Predator.. I have the 2nd in my Queue and will probably rent it sometime in May.

EpsilonX
05-02-2008, 08:01 PM
bad in the same sentence as Freddy vs. Jason.. does not commute.. I like Alien versus Predator.. I have the 2nd in my Queue and will probably rent it sometime in May.

Anyone with a brain could tell that FvJ is bad, even if you've never seen it. But that doesn't mean it's not extremely enjoyable.

The movie Napoleon Dynamite was bad...but I loved it!

haha

and good choice with the AVPR. Make sure you see the unrated though

Just don't expect much. If you watch it with any expectations, then u'll be disappointed

jakncoke
05-02-2008, 08:03 PM
Anyone with a brain could tell that FvJ is bad, even if you've never seen it. But that doesn't mean it's not extremely enjoyable.

The movie Napoleon Dynamite was bad...but I loved it!

haha

and good choice with the AVPR. Make sure you see the unrated though

Just don't expect much. If you watch it with any expectations, then u'll be disappointed

It's called different stokes and you saying ND was bad but you still loved is a contradiction..lol

EpsilonX
05-02-2008, 08:12 PM
It's called different stokes and you saying ND was bad but you still loved is a contradiction..lol

There's movies so bad that they're entertaining.

Good movie = Alien

Not good movie = Killer Klowns from Outer Space

both are enjoyable though, aren't they?

jakncoke
05-02-2008, 08:16 PM
There's movies so bad that they're entertaining.

Good movie = Alien

Not good movie = Killer Klowns from Outer Space

both are enjoyable though, aren't they?

Alien was pretty good.. never watched the other.. well your rating scale is defiantly diffrent than mine..here's how mine goes

godly awesome
good
above average
average
below average
****ty

above average and above get planned to be bought on DVD.. average it's a here and there buy on dvd.. below average... I'll watch on TV if there isn't nothing else on... ****ty..well it can go to the landfill and rot cause I don't want nothing to do with it.