rukisuto
04-27-2008, 12:03 PM
http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1090/1422128628_531fee6783.jpg

Starring: Reiko Aylesworth, Steven Pasquale, John Ortiz, Shareeka Epps
Directed By: The Brothers Strause, Colin Strause, Greg Strause
Released By: Fox
Theatrical Release Date: 12/25/2007

Synopsis:
The aliens (and a predator) have landed on planet Earth, and small-town America is about to become the scene of an epic interstellar showdown. As these two breeds of cosmic killers clash in the small-town streets Gunnison, CO, the locals are sent running for their lives. From the murky sewers to the rain-soaked streets, Gunnison has become a total bloodbath. Nowhere is safe, especially from the unstoppable new hybrid known as the "predalien." Now, as the once-quiet community of Gunnison is overrun by Aliens, the only hope for humankind is a fierce hunter from the deepest reaches of space. But this predator is far from a benevolent savior of the human race, because he'll kill any man, woman, or child who gets in the way of his mission to destroy every last alien under these stormy Colorado skies.

[from MovieFone.com (http://moviephone.com)]

Review:
I had some high hopes for this movie, but it definitely didn't reach its full potential. The plot of the movie should have been centered more around the fight between the predators and aliens than the lives of the humans. A lot of the fight scenes were rather dark and made it less enjoyable than the first AVP. Some of the better qualities of the was the new 'species' that was introduces, the predalien. It pretty much kicks everyone's butt. I also liked how the movie wasn't predictable. You really never knew who was going to die and pretty much no one was spared. The movie wasn't horrible, but I probably won't watch it again. I'd say rent this movie if you're bored and want to see some blood and guts. Otherwise, stick to the first AVP.

Critics Rating: 4/10
My Rating: 4/10

LiNuX
04-27-2008, 01:48 PM
horrible story lol - the first one wasn't too good either but better than this one

the US Gov't blows up a whole city after telling them rescue is coming lol - horrible but that part can actually happen in reality

Ghost
04-27-2008, 01:49 PM
i saw it. it was really rubbish and i didnt like it

Kujo
04-28-2008, 12:01 AM
I really wish I had waited to read this review before I bought this piece of crap..... such a waste of an awesome possibility

rukisuto
04-28-2008, 05:02 AM
I really wish I had waited to read this review before I bought this piece of crap..... such a waste of an awesome possibility

You bought it?
Ouch.

Raw!
04-28-2008, 06:49 AM
Yeah. I didn't enjoy it. And thanks to all the dark scenes, I didn't see what the "predalien" looked like.

rukisuto
04-28-2008, 08:04 PM
Yeah. I didn't enjoy it. And thanks to all the dark scenes, I didn't see what the "predalien" looked like.

It looked really weird, lol.
There was the aliens body with the predators head.
Roughly, anyways.

conman1000
04-28-2008, 08:05 PM
I never saw it, and now I know I'm not going to.

Jjjet1
04-29-2008, 10:53 AM
well it was ok for a bit. i saw it with my dad but it was not as great as i thought it would be. i thought it would be better put together than avp but i guess not. i'm glad we only rented it though.

Scott
04-29-2008, 07:29 PM
Yeah when I saw the trailer for the first time I knew it was going to be abysmal so I never went to see it.

rukisuto
04-30-2008, 04:40 AM
Yeah when I saw the trailer for the first time I knew it was going to be abysmal so I never went to see it.

Well, I liked the first one so my hopes were pretty high.
Big mistake.

EpsilonX
04-30-2008, 03:45 PM
I thought it was AMAZING!

I loved every second of it, and you guys must be blind as F*** cuz I had no problem seeing any of the scenes.

HUGE improvement over the original

Iceskater101
04-30-2008, 06:35 PM
I have heard this movie got bad ratings it is really that bad?

rukisuto
04-30-2008, 07:58 PM
I thought it was AMAZING!

I loved every second of it, and you guys must be blind as F*** cuz I had no problem seeing any of the scenes.

HUGE improvement over the original

There's really no reason to insult anyone.
All we said was that scenes were dark.

Iceskater101
04-30-2008, 09:17 PM
There's really no reason to insult anyone.
All we said was that scenes were dark.

I agree with you. This is where you state your opinion you dont have to slam anyone for stating what they think you have your opinion and other people have theres.

EpsilonX
05-01-2008, 04:24 PM
I agree with you. This is where you state your opinion you dont have to slam anyone for stating what they think you have your opinion and other people have theres.

I'm not slamming anybody, if I was insulting somebody, trust me. You'd know it. I'm just saying they must be blind. I could see perfectly, so guys must be blind to not be able to see it.

Or maybe I just have really good vision?

GF Eric
05-01-2008, 08:49 PM
2 words that describe this movie, SUCKISHLY SUCKISH. Movie wasn't even close to being good. Good review rukisuto. http://www.gamers-forum.com/images/icons/icon7.gifhttp://www.gamers-forum.com/images/icons/icon13.gif

LiNuX
05-01-2008, 09:46 PM
2 words that describe this movie, SUCKISHLY SUCKISH. Movie wasn't even close to being good. Good review rukisuto. http://www.gamers-forum.com/images/icons/icon7.gifhttp://www.gamers-forum.com/images/icons/icon13.gif

a good review on a bad movie - awesome!

rukisuto
05-02-2008, 04:45 AM
a good review on a bad movie - awesome!

Lol.
Just so no one else has to go through the experience :]

EpsilonX
05-02-2008, 07:58 PM
Why am I the only one who absolutely loves this movie?

I think you should all see it, but prepare for something bad. I was expecting trash cuz of all the reviews, so when i watched it I was surprised. Same with RZ's Halloween

rukisuto
05-02-2008, 11:16 PM

I think you should all see it, but prepare for something bad. I was expecting trash cuz of all the reviews, so when i watched it I was surprised. Same with RZ's Halloween

I think it's different because I went in watching it with high expectations, and I was let down.
You went in with low expectations and it was better than that.
I wanted more out of the movie than I got.

LiNuX
05-02-2008, 11:50 PM

lol, im same as ruki - i went thinking it'll be something like the first movie but a bit more actiony but it turned out to be crap lol

but these are all opinions so it doesn't matter much anyway

EpsilonX
05-03-2008, 08:49 AM
I think it's different because I went in watching it with high expectations, and I was let down.
You went in with low expectations and it was better than that.
I wanted more out of the movie than I got.

Well, everyone was like the movie sucks. So I was prepared for it to suck, but I still wanted it to be great. and it was, imo.