PDA

View Full Version : vBulletin 3.7.0 is FINALLY Out

LiNuX
05-01-2008, 10:27 AM
Earlier today vBulletin 3.7.0 has come out of its Release Candidate versions and it has been deemed to be the most stable and latest vBulletin version out there. This comes just a week after the release of 3.6.10 and I bet the people who upgraded right away to 3.6.10 feels stupid now.

Here are some of the new features in 3.7.0 - These are NOT all of the new features:

Inline spam management & prevention
Thread tagging
Search cloud / tag cloud
Thread prefixes
Reciprocal friendships between users
Public visitor messaging on profile pages with 'conversation' feature
User picture galleries with user comment facility
User-created social groups with invite only and moderated membership options
Extended member profile pages
Customizable member profile pages with admin-controlled styling abilities
Inline editing of custom user profile fields
Lightbox viewer for attached images
Viewable and comparable history maintained for post edits
Extended re-authentication for inline moderation actions
Notices system for navigation bar
Multiple human-verification systems including reCAPTCHA, image verification and Q/A
User change history
Social bookmarking integration

And of course vBulletin now charges $20 more for everything. If you want to buy a license now it'll cost you $180 and a lease will be $100.

I'll post another thread discussing the vBulletin price changes - It's Outrageous !

And this forum will be upgraded to 3.7.0 either this weekend or the next weekend - my finals start up next week so I am not sure if I will have the time at all to go through the upgrade process and recustomize the templates again

jakncoke
05-01-2008, 10:30 AM
So when you upgrading?

rukisuto
05-01-2008, 10:35 AM
YAY :]
Can't wait for the customizable profiles.
Hopefully you can get it done soon.

LiNuX
05-01-2008, 01:00 PM
i'll be upgrading either this weekend or next - just depends on when i finish up all my term reports lol - have 3 due on monday-tuesday :( then followed by finals

but it'll be up within the next few weeks - its also a huge update so it'll be a much longer process

Samus-Fan
05-01-2008, 04:55 PM
Sounds Great! Will there be any down time?
Can't wait. I would love to personalize my profile!

LiNuX
05-01-2008, 04:58 PM
Sounds Great! Will there be any down time?
Can't wait. I would love to personalize my profile!

yeah there is always downtime during an upgrade because we have to shut the forum down in order for the database to upgrade properly - because if we are upgrading and someone makes a post the database changes and then the whole thing will be corrupted and bla bla bla lol

I estimate downtime to be from 1-4 hours depending on how much of the codes i have to customize again

Riku-Nara
05-01-2008, 05:00 PM
I might have only understood 4 of those 18+ features, but it still sounds awesome.
can't wait.
:D

LiNuX
05-01-2008, 06:13 PM
I might have only understood 4 of those 18+ features, but it still sounds awesome.
can't wait.
:D

there is a bigger list - i just picked out what those guys mentioned - i have the whole list though lol

i actually downloaded the software already - will get it ready for upload when the time is right

Blackbird
05-01-2008, 06:18 PM
Now we can begin to have a galleria in the forum, want to see more of the customize profile. :)

Nerdy Knight
05-01-2008, 06:31 PM
Sounds great! Can't wait for the upgrades!

conman1000
05-01-2008, 07:48 PM
YAY, this sounds very fun.

LiNuX
05-01-2008, 09:29 PM
sounds fun - hope its fun upgrading too lol

on saturday or even tomorrow night i'll try a trial upgrade on my home pc to see how it works and if all the mods still work

if that goes smoothly the forum will be upgraded as soon as i finish my last term report (PHILOSOPHY)