rukisuto
05-04-2008, 04:04 PM
http://relevantchristian.files.wordpress.com/2007/11/movie_goldencompass.jpg

Starring: Nicole Kidman, Dakota Blue Richards, Daniel Craig, Sam Elliott
Directed By: Chris Weitz
Released By: New Line
Theatrical Release Date: 12/07/2007

Synopsis:
'The Golden Compass' is an exciting fantasy adventure, set in an alternative world where people's souls manifest themselves as animals, talking bears fight wars, and Gyptians and witches co-exist. At the center of the story is Lyra ,a 12-year-old girl who starts out trying to rescue a friend who's been kidnapped by a mysterious organization known as the Gobblers - and winds up on an epic quest to save not only her world, but ours as well.

[from MovieFone.com (http://moviephone.com)]

Review:
I kind of wanted to see this movie when it came out in theaters, but I just waited for it to come out on DVD. The plot and concept of the film is extremely unique, but everything does get really confusing. So much is packed into 2 hours that there isn't enough time to explain what everything is. I definitely think that the movie would be more enjoyable if I had read the book first because the book would be able to explain more. Anyways, the movie was kind of boring except for the parts where the polar bears come in. The polar bear fight was about the best thing. Overall, the movie was average and nothing to really get excited over, but it wasn't bad either.

My Rating: 6/10

Iceskater101
05-04-2008, 04:11 PM
The Golden Compass doesn't seem like my kind of movie.

LiNuX
05-04-2008, 05:10 PM
it was ALRIGHT - just sux it didn't finish the story lol

and they didn't show Nicole Kidman's face after something was poured on her face lol don't remember what happened exactly

good thing i didnt pay to see this movie - not worth the money

rukisuto
05-04-2008, 05:23 PM
it was ALRIGHT - just sux it didn't finish the story lol

and they didn't show Nicole Kidman's face after something was poured on her face lol don't remember what happened exactly

good thing i didnt pay to see this movie - not worth the money

Definitely.
I was like, 'No way. That's how they ended it?'
lol.

Iceskater101
05-04-2008, 05:25 PM
I am just going to read the book..

FattaT
05-04-2008, 06:02 PM
Yea, I read the series. Really enjoyed that, and was told by my friend that the movie was absolute crap compared to it as they changed some of the story line. :(

rukisuto
05-04-2008, 06:39 PM
Yea, I read the series. Really enjoyed that, and was told by my friend that the movie was absolute crap compared to it as they changed some of the story line. :(

Really? Man, that really stinks then.
I hate when movies veer off from the book.

Iceskater101
05-04-2008, 07:35 PM
Really? Man, that really stinks then.
I hate when movies veer off from the book.

I hate that too because then the movie is a piece of crap.

Samus-Fan
05-04-2008, 08:05 PM
I have heard of this movie, but my dad and I aren't going to use money to buy/rent this. It just isn't our kind of movie.

Iceskater101
05-04-2008, 08:10 PM
yah thats what i said

jakncoke
05-07-2008, 02:49 PM
i lol'ed at how bad this movie bombed.