PDA

View Full Version : The News

LiNuX
01-14-2007, 09:46 PM
The News is like the longest running tv show (even though its not a tv show lol, its ok tv:)) and it has a lotta useful info and news lol. anybody like to watch it ? i watch it most of the time when i can, get heads up on current events and whatnot lol. Its useful.

Drake14
01-14-2007, 09:59 PM
Na, i rarely every look at any news. sometimes i look at it on my yahoo home page, but not very often.

i get a lot of current events from my criminal justice class.

souljaa
01-14-2007, 10:38 PM
Yeah..I watch it sometimes..When I'm already at the TV and it's on..I just start watching it.

Twigz
01-15-2007, 02:57 PM
I'm studying to become a broadcast journalist, so I have to study the news...I'm a fanatic you might say...I know any station probably...especially in the New York market, which is actually the biggest in terms of size...my picture on the left is actually of a TV station in Miami (the 16th market in terms of size)...they are very tabloid in their news...nothing I see is about good news...on any station as a matter of fact...but oh well, maybe I can change things...

aosmallan
01-16-2007, 09:27 AM
I watch the news every other day typically, or from the daily e-mails I get from the Washington Post. Like many Americans, I also get my compliment to the news from the Daily Show haha.

Tough to watch TV news much of the time because if you're a slight bit intelligible in many of the current situations, you'll notice that most TV news is very biased either conservatively (such as Fox), or very liberally, like CNN. Hard to watch good news, so when I really want to know about something, I usually go find out the real story for myself through research. You can really find a lot about any subject with less than half an hour of research over an hour of having it spoon-fed to you on TV, though at the same time, watching the news gives you different perspectives on the situation.

Twigz
01-24-2007, 06:58 PM
OK, if you were curious, here are the top 10 U.S. TV markets in terms of size...now they use these to determine ratings for TV shows and more...

1. New York, NY
2. Los Angeles, CA
3. Chicago, IL
4. Philadelphia, PA
5. San Francisco, CA
6. Dallas-Ft. Worth, TX
7. Boston, MA
8. Washington, DC
9. Atlanta, GA
10. Houston, TX

The reason why I did that is because each market has a certain tradition in which they do their news. NY, for instance, has a no-holds-barred tradition to their news, meaning they try to get right to the point (most of the time to no avail, but still). I can't speak for every city but I just wanted to point that out. ;)