PDA

View Full Version : Review The Onion Movie

rukisuto
06-14-2008, 03:17 PM
http://goldenfiddle.com/sites/goldenfiddle.com/files/images/onionmovierevr1artpic.preview.jpg

Starring: Len Cariou
Directed By: Tom Kuntz, Mike Maguire
Released By: Fox
Theatrical Release Date: 01/07/2008

Synopsis:
America's most popular satirical newspaper makes the leap from the printed page to the silver screen in this political comedy that explores what happens when journalistic integrity is compromised by corporate sensibility. Onion News anchorman Norm Archer is s principled journalist, so when he's asked to bend to the will of his corporate overlords he decides to strike back with a fury unheard of in the world of network news. Nothing is sacred as the creative force behind The Onion unleash an unrelenting barrage of satire on such subjects as pop stars, prisoners, peace talks, and blockbuster action films.

[from MovieFone.com (http://moviephone.com)]

Review:
Well, I don't think I would have picked this movie up if it weren't for my boyfriend. I'm kind of glad he got it though, because this movie was pretty funny and entertaining. If you've never heard of The Onion before, it's pretty much like the Daily Show and Weekend Update only with X-Rated material. The movie covered a lot of bases, including Britney Spears and computers and how you can never seem to get the latest version. This is the only movie I liked that cast Steven Seagal; he's Cock-puncher, what more could you ask for? This movie reminds me of SNL a lot -- sketch-like material and a lot of satire. I recommend renting this movie for a good laugh, you won't be let down.

My Rating: 7/10

jakncoke
06-14-2008, 04:08 PM
This is the only movie I liked that cast Steven Seagal

wow the internet hate parade continues..this guy just can't catch a break from the internet..I must be the only person on this planet that like multiple movies. Getting on topic , never heard of it and from the sounds of it don't want to ever see it.

LiNuX
06-14-2008, 04:34 PM
i've never heard of it either lol, not a fan of steven seagal, i agree he can fight but acting isn't his strong point, always bores lol

onions...

rukisuto
06-14-2008, 05:49 PM
i've never heard of it either lol, not a fan of steven seagal, i agree he can fight but acting isn't his strong point, always bores lol

onions...

Well, he doesn't appear often in the movie.
The movie has 'commercials' and its for a movie called Cockpuncher.

wifi
06-14-2008, 05:58 PM
lol cockpuncher haha, first time i head of the movie, sounds interesting

rukisuto
06-14-2008, 06:13 PM
lol cockpuncher haha, first time i head of the movie, sounds interesting

I'm glad someone thinks it does, lol.
It really was a pretty good movie.
I heard of the movie before, I just never bothered to rent it.