PDA

View Full Version : Heavenly Sword:OMG! Kratos has a Sister?!

Shixx
07-17-2008, 08:57 PM
In Heavenly Sword you play as Nariko, a warrior charged with guarding the Heavenly Sword, but when the evil king, Bohan shows up, she is forced to use the blade to try and save her father and clansmen.

Gameplay-
This is game is Amazing, Think God of War but his sister and looks better.
The gameplay, you choose between three fighting styles, power (slow, but strong) speed (medium strength, medium speed) and range (hits multiple enemies fast, but doesn't do much damage) the styles themselves can be interwoven in combos. it may seem like too much trouble to pull off a Combo
or hit multiple Enemies but that will change mid-game. one of my favorite parts is when you control Nariko's Adopted little sister and you have to Snipe Soldiers while controling the Arrows with the sixaxis, at first it will seem annoying and pointless but after awhile it becoms one of those very addicting mini games, Especially when you hit a Soldier in the head and watch him fly back. my only complaints are Fighting gets Repetitive doing the same thing over and over. another thing that slightly disapointed me was there was close to no Puzzles in this game. and they should've made the sixaxis Arrow shooting an option for those of you who find it uncomfortable.

Graphics-
The graphics are extremely well done. I was amazed at how well the designers were able to convey emotion on the characters faces. Nothing to complain about in this area.
http://img186.imageshack.us/img186/3917/heavenlyswordqx5.jpg
http://img186.imageshack.us/img186/5862/61226062as3.jpg
http://img112.imageshack.us/img112/453/heavenlysword1sc1.jpg

Story-
The Story might be Short but the Bad guys Personality and Dialogue make up for it. The main bad guy in this game Truly makes you hate him and theres no "oh wait, I wont kill you just yet." moments..like alot of games tend to do.
The story is short and some what Cliche but the characters and Dialogue make up for most of it.

Music/Voice acting
The voice actors on this are great, Andy Serkis makes the villain King Bohan seem so real, Actually probably the best bad guy in awhile. The music is very epic and well done. No annoying screeching Girl Voices or anything.

Thoughts-
Overall this game is fun, and while short, I think you will agree that it was the perfect amount of time, and the story couldn't have been extended out without seeming monotonous. At the very least, this game is worth a rent, but definitely worth buying if you love action games.

Over all rating 8.0/10

jakncoke
07-17-2008, 09:48 PM
agreed high 7/low 8 game. defiantly should be give a chance by every PS3 owner. Sad we won't be getting a 2nd. Also Kai> Nariko. I think Kai character should be taken and given her own million game series...that's how awesome I feel she is.

younging94
07-17-2008, 09:49 PM
And a very hot sister indeed...
Boy...the things i would do to her...
I mean i would **** her while she was **** and ******* o boy, and if she ******.
Whew...and i was talking about playing Smackdown Vs Raw with her on my Ps3...sicko's.

And i never really played this, seems cool, great review

Scott
07-18-2008, 04:10 PM
I would have given it the same score. It's good but nowhere near as good as God of War 2