PDA

View Full Version : Javon Walker nearly retires...lulz

jakncoke
08-02-2008, 12:27 PM
Oakland Raiders receiver Javon Walker, struggling with his performance during training camp, told the team Thursday he intended to retire and offered to return his $11 million signing bonus.

According to a source, Raiders owner Al Davis persuaded Walker to remain with the team.

Walker
Walker signed a six-year, $55 million deal with Oakland in the offseason after a trying 2007 marked by knee injury.

Walker also was reportedly abducted, beaten and robbed near the Las Vegas Strip in June.

According to police, Walker was found unconscious on a side street shortly after dawn June 16.

He was hospitalized for two days with facial injuries and a concussion and told investigators that about $3,000 in cash and $100,000 worth of jewelry were taken.

Police released a grainy surveillance videotape June 24, identifying a man in it as a second suspect after the arrest of a first suspect.

In 72 career games during six seasons with the Packers and Broncos, Walker has 252 receptions for 3,815 yards and 30 touchdowns.

Chris Mortensen covers the NFL for ESPN. Information from The Associated Press
was used in this report.

I can't believe he nearly retired, seriously if I were him even though I was sucking in training camp, I'd stay to collect money..he's got lots of life to go after football he'll need every cent unless he already has outsource income from a restaurant or whatever

conman1000
08-02-2008, 02:52 PM
Practice? Practice?

We're talking about practice lol.

jakncoke
08-02-2008, 03:30 PM
Practice? Practice?

We're talking about practice lol.

lol Allen Iverson, man I dislike him.

glenofimaal
08-02-2008, 04:13 PM
why would he want to retire

lol jakncoke said i would stay to make enough money for life

jakncoke
08-02-2008, 05:19 PM
why would he want to retire

lol jakncoke said i would stay to make enough money for life

perhaps because he's embarrassed at how he's playing, or he realizes he just doesn't have what it takes to play anymore.

Trunks
08-02-2008, 08:15 PM
Maybe his knee injury is acting up or something.