PDA

View Full Version : Halo Wars

Hawk
08-08-2008, 09:08 AM
I was just wondering when Halo wars is coming out, and if you people think it is worth buying or not,

LiNuX
08-08-2008, 06:43 PM
they say its coming at the last quarter of 2008 which is around october-december - haven't heard a specific date though

and i think its only on the 360 at first so unless I buy a 360 by then, I doubt i'll be getting it - sounds like a pretty good RTS game though

Trunks
08-08-2008, 06:59 PM
they say its coming at the last quarter of 2004 which is around october-december - haven't heard a specific date though

and i think its only on the 360 at first so unless I buy a 360 by then, I doubt i'll be getting it - sounds like a pretty good RTS game though

wow 2004...... I must of missed it. = ) It's 2008, btw for those who still don't know.

LiNuX
08-08-2008, 07:01 PM
wow 2004...... I must of missed it. = ) It's 2008, btw for those who still don't know.

omg i just lost 4 years of my life...

lol, thanks for catching the mistake - i was thinking of something else while writing that

jakncoke
08-08-2008, 07:55 PM
Halo Wars slipped into spring 09' release date, I suspect it'll be Microsoft counter game to Killzone 2, although not the same genre I think Microsoft will try to fight big exclusive vs. big exclusive. Killzone 2 is coming in February btw.

rukisuto
08-08-2008, 07:55 PM
I know I'll be getting this game.
It'll be the first RTS I'll try probably.

EpsilonX
08-08-2008, 08:57 PM
shouldn't this be under RTS though?

anyways, Microsoft is a jerk. Killzone 2 needs more attention. I plan on buying that (even though it's a shooter, it looks like really fun one)

I wanna see how Halo Wars turns out. It'll make Halo players think for a change.

jakncoke
08-08-2008, 08:59 PM

anyways, Microsoft is a jerk. Killzone 2 needs more attention. I plan on buying that (even though it's a shooter, it looks like really fun one)

I wanna see how Halo Wars turns out. It'll make Halo players think for a change.

lol wat? Killzone 2 has so much attention on it it's ridiculous , so many ppl are waiting to see if it flops like Killzone and so many waiting to see it delivers eye candy+awesome gameplay.

LiNuX
08-08-2008, 09:07 PM

yea but it fits in both places...it IS a halo game along with being a strategy game.

EpsilonX
08-08-2008, 09:08 PM
lol wat? Killzone 2 has so much attention on it it's ridiculous , so many ppl are waiting to see if it flops like Killzone and so many waiting to see it delivers eye candy+awesome gameplay.

really? I must be missing out on some of it then. That and Resistance 2 are probably the only FPS games i'll get for PS3.

But anyways, back to Halo Wars. Microsoft has made some good RTS games (age of empires/mythology) so hopefully halo wars is good...(which would be a first for the franchise)

and like i said, it'll make halo fans think more (cuz halo is just mindless shooting. Yes, i've played it a lot)

MissLEGENDARY
08-17-2008, 08:04 PM
I will probably end up buying it out of loyalty to bungie. But I'm not sure if it's really gonna be worth it.

jakncoke
08-21-2008, 05:50 PM
I will probably end up buying it out of loyalty to bungie. But I'm not sure if it's really gonna be worth it.

That doesn't make sense to me as Bungie really has nothing to do with the game as Ensemble Studios is making it.

BangkokJames
08-24-2008, 03:15 PM
i'm probably getting this game for my dad lol

Metallica1983
08-28-2008, 12:47 PM
I heard somtime this November don't know the exact date

Veriaset
08-28-2008, 12:53 PM
Halo Wars can go into my extensive list of RTS and like all the others I assume I will just get bored after like a month of playing nonstop.