PDA

View Full Version : 1 fg kick 1 dream killed in a instant

jakncoke
11-08-2008, 06:05 PM
This easily feels ten times worse than the time Michigan scored a last second touchdown in 2005 preventing us from going to to the national championship. Luckily I don't have money to get pills and alcohol because I'd be hitting both hardcore right now.

LiNuX
11-09-2008, 12:51 AM
what did i miss? lol...haven't watched football or any other sports lately...no time

jakncoke
11-09-2008, 01:23 AM
basically Penn St. was fighting to reach the National Championship, the only way they'd have a even remote shot was to finish the season undefeated, well Iowa drove the field and then with 6 seconds remaining kicked a fairly short fg to win 24-23. Thinking more this may be a blessing in disguise for me as Penn St. was #3 in the BCS and needed Texas Tech or Alabama to lose to gain a spot in the NC, even if we won today and the final 2 games it's looking quite possible that Alabama and Texas Tech will go undefeated, we would of been 12-0 but still not in NC which would of hurt even more than the loss today, well here's to salvaging the season with wins vs. Indiana and Michigan St to get the Big 10's automatic bid to the Rose Bowl

Jaykub
11-09-2008, 01:35 AM
guess you have to see what the steelers do now

jakncoke
11-09-2008, 01:40 AM
not really, a BCS victory will be awesome and a great pay day for the program but a NC victory in what could possibly be Joe Paterno's last season would be priceless

Samus-Fan
11-09-2008, 08:48 AM
Ha!
Go Iowa!
I always was a Hawkeye fan, no idea why.

LiNuX
11-09-2008, 11:33 AM
basically Penn St. was fighting to reach the National Championship, the only way they'd have a even remote shot was to finish the season undefeated, well Iowa drove the field and then with 6 seconds remaining kicked a fairly short fg to win 24-23. Thinking more this may be a blessing in disguise for me as Penn St. was #3 in the BCS and needed Texas Tech or Alabama to lose to gain a spot in the NC, even if we won today and the final 2 games it's looking quite possible that Alabama and Texas Tech will go undefeated, we would of been 12-0 but still not in NC which would of hurt even more than the loss today, well here's to salvaging the season with wins vs. Indiana and Michigan St to get the Big 10's automatic bid to the Rose Bowl

ah...yea i had no idea what was going on lol..i hate when any of my teams lose like that, not just in football

jakncoke
11-10-2008, 12:30 AM
Ha!
Go Iowa!
I always was a Hawkeye fan, no idea why.

You like multiple teams in a sport....that's just wrong.

LiNuX
11-10-2008, 10:16 AM
You like multiple teams in a sport....that's just wrong.

lol why is that? i like the steelers and the pats from NFL, is that wrong? lol...and also like the Pistons and Spurs from the NBA

if its wrong I'm sorry...but I cannot stop this sin :D

jakncoke
11-10-2008, 10:37 AM
lol why is that? i like the steelers and the pats from NFL, is that wrong? lol...and also like the Pistons and Spurs from the NBA

if its wrong I'm sorry...but I cannot stop this sin :D

very wrong. I can't even begin to tell you how much that irritates me, always makes me as mad as getting mad at bandwagon fans

Trunks
11-10-2008, 03:30 PM
Well there is only like 5 teams left that are undefeated in college. Alabama, Texas Tech, Boise State, Utah and ball state. The only good team that is undefeated is Texas Tech. I don't think Alabama is that good. They have a really easy schedule like Georgia.

I kind of like two NFL teams. the Falcons are my favorite team, liked them since I was like 10. One of my friends like the Browns and the other liked the Steelers. So, just from competitiveness I always hoped the Ravens one to knock them out from the play offs. So I kind of like the Ravens for that reason. If the Falcons ever played the Ravens, I would go with the Falcons every time though..... That's just how it is for me. All other sports I liked one team. NBA, Cleveland. College football Notre Dame, same with College basketball even though they are not that good at basketball.