• 05-16-2008, 06:37 PM
    LiNuX
    Friends & Social Groups :: Adding and Approving
    Friends and social groups are a part of the new Networking Features of vBulletin 3.7.0. I have been testing them out and I have figured out some interesting things. And many of you may be confused on how to use and why the person you added as a friend hasn't added you back. Well keep reading to see if you have any pending requests or if you don't know how to add friends.

1. To add a friend, there are several ways, you can either go to your Friends Profile page and click "Befriend 'username'" or go to your Usercp, Click "contacts & friend" and add a contact/friend by entering the person's Username and clicking add friend or add contact.

2. If you go to your Contacts & Friends page ( Friends List ) You can also see incoming Requests by others to be your friend. vBulletin did set up an email notification system for this, but just in case you don't receive it just check that And you will know if anyone wants to add you.

3. For Social Groups, it is the same thing, just go to the Groups page by clicking "Social Groups" in your UserCP or by going to the following link: Gamers Forum - Social Groups

4. If the group is invite only you can click that group's name and see if there is an option to "Join Group" or "Decline Invitation" and you can assume you have been invited. If it is pubic you will only see "Join Group" there. You can also create your own group, and add pictures, comments, and more to that group.

More information will be added here as I get more knowledge of this. If you have anything to share just share away and if you have any questions, comments, or concerns about this, just post here and I will get back to you as soon as possible.

Enjoy this feature of Gamers Forum!
  • 05-16-2008, 06:41 PM
    conman1000
    Wow, they added a lot of new stuff.
  • 05-16-2008, 06:49 PM
    GF Eric
    Dang we might as well be the next Myspace or Facebook but better. :D
  • 05-16-2008, 06:52 PM
    LiNuX
    Quote:

Originally Posted by GF Eric View Post
    Dang we might as well be the next Myspace or Facebook but better. :D

lol, thats what vB did, they modeled it after myspace (not facebook)

and it's not that complicated or complex as myspace because they didn't want to make a social networking CMS, they'd rather stick to forum cms
  • 05-16-2008, 07:02 PM
    GF Eric
    Quote:

Originally Posted by LiNuX View Post
    lol, thats what vB did, they modeled it after myspace (not facebook)

and it's not that complicated or complex as myspace because they didn't want to make a social networking CMS, they'd rather stick to forum cms

True and plus Gamers right now is better then Myspace. Take that MYSPACE :-P:-P:-P
  • 05-16-2008, 08:55 PM
    Blackbird
    Then I'm will start begin to created a group then start inviting people. I want to have pictures in my album for no limits XD .
    Well this is good doens't have done so much design but this is fine for now xD
  • 05-16-2008, 10:08 PM
    Iceskater101
    haha sweet this is modeled after myspace
    :)
  • 05-18-2008, 03:59 PM
    Samus-Fan
    Are regular members aloud to make social groups, or only moderators?
  • 05-18-2008, 05:02 PM
    LemonRising
    Linux, gotta say you've done some awesome stuff around here lately! XD

I love all the new options and hope to abuse them all soon (:

Gamers-Forum, the myspace for gamers.
  • 05-21-2008, 09:22 AM
    KittyCat72
    I like all the new features and stuff; it's really cool. :D

» Site Navigation

» Home
» FAQ

User Name: