Civilization V
    (Release Date: 09/21/10 Platform: PC)

System Requirements:

Operating System: Windows® XP SP3/ Windows® Vista SP2/ Windows® 7
    Processor: Dual Core CPU
    Memory: 2GB RAM
    Hard Disk Space: 8 GB Free
    DVD-ROM Drive: Required for disc-based installation
    Video: 256 MB ATI HD2600 XT or better, 256 MB nVidia 7900 GS or better, or Core i3 or better integrated graphics
    Sound: DirectX 9.0c-compatible sound card
    DirectX®: DirectX® version 9.0c

The sequel to Civilization IV (2006), with incredible new features including:

• Believable World - Enhanced Video and Audio. Vast new landscapes to explore in the world of Civilization
    • New Presentation - Revision of the UI (User Interface) featuring advisers that will welcome newcomers and veterans.
    • Huge Battles - Improved battle sequences that will grip the user in awe.
    • Live History - Write and alter the course of history with the choices that you make.
    • Improved Diplomacy - Decisions of previous rulers and emperors in the past Civilization games will act to their advantage.
    • In-game Community Hub - Endless players that are willing to play online providing endless possibilities of game outcomes.
    • Modability - With new modding tools there are several possible ways to customize the game options.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/...vL._AA300_.jpg

I am thinking about getting it, because I have always been a fan of this strategy franchise. What do you guys think of this game?
  • 09-12-2010, 06:53 PM
    Jaykub
    Do you have the system requirements?
  • 09-12-2010, 07:57 PM
    LiNuX
    I have Civ IV around here somewhere, it didn't feel as good as Civ III used to back in the day so I probably have maybe 5-6 hours of play on Civ IV before I called it a waste of money. Don't think I'll get this one, might try a demo if available thru steam or something.
  • 09-12-2010, 08:37 PM
    Slayer509
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Xslipknot34 View Post
    Do you have the system requirements?

Thanks for reminding me, I knew I was forgetting something. I edited my original post to show the system requirements. I hope they help. :)
  • 09-13-2010, 01:45 AM
    jango
    I'm seriously thinking of getting it too Slayer. I added some previews for it to my site if they're of any interest (Civilization V previews/reviews), although it hasn't helped me decide yet lol. The main thing holding me back atm is the gameplay angle .. coming from an Age of Empires, Anno 1404 (Dawn of Discovery), Settlers etc etc background I'm not 100% it's for me.
  • 09-13-2010, 04:31 PM
    BobTD
    Yeah, im getting it for sure. I really like any strategy game almost and while revolution was silly and I skipped it this seems to be something I would enjoy.

On a side note, jango have you played Alpha centauri?

Quote:

After a very nice expansion, doubling the list of factions, and introducing two non-human factions with a different tech victory condition and an inherent opposition to humanity, with a language barrier and the prevention of certain victory conditions while present, the talent behind SMAC returned to work on future Civilization games, including the also excellent Civilization 4, but the complexity of the series peaked here, in the bizarre sci-fi spin-off.
    http://www.kekkai.org/google/devilsa...centauri.shtml
  • 09-13-2010, 04:34 PM
    jango
    Quote:

Originally Posted by BobTD View Post
    On a side note, jango have you played Alpha centauri?

Strangely my first answer was going to be 'no', but then having said that the name REALLY rings a bell. I play a lot of games so it might've got lost in the mix :S
  • 09-13-2010, 07:39 PM
    Slayer509
    Quote:

Originally Posted by jango View Post
    I'm seriously thinking of getting it too Slayer. I added some previews for it to my site if they're of any interest (Civilization V previews/reviews), although it hasn't helped me decide yet lol. The main thing holding me back atm is the gameplay angle .. coming from an Age of Empires, Anno 1404 (Dawn of Discovery), Settlers etc etc background I'm not 100% it's for me.

Yeah I know what you mean. Is it that the game is really focused on a turn-based strategy. Sometimes that just gets a little annoying for me.
  • 09-13-2010, 07:43 PM
    BobTD
    Quote:

Originally Posted by jango View Post
    Strangely my first answer was going to be 'no', but then having said that the name REALLY rings a bell. I play a lot of games so it might've got lost in the mix :S

Its also the name of the nearest possible colinizsable solar system in oriions belt. So I guess the only wau to be sure is to click the link. =P
  • 09-13-2010, 07:48 PM
    jango
    Quote:

Originally Posted by BobTD View Post
    Its also the name of the nearest possible colinizsable solar system in oriions belt. So I guess the only wau to be sure is to click the link. =P

I think I can differentiate between a solar system and a game .. I'm not 'that' crazy .. yet ..

» Site Navigation

» Home
» FAQ

User Name:

Password:

» Sponsors