Windows 8.1 Update

Printable View

• 01-17-2014, 02:13 PM
    Trunks
    Windows 8.1 Update
    Any use Windows 8 and if so have you updated to Windows 8.1 yet? I have Windows 8 on my laptop for class, I decided to update today. I've heard it has had quite a few issues when it first came out, hoping they're mostly fixed now.

Anyone else have opinions on it?
  • 01-17-2014, 02:28 PM
    Ziek88
    I use 8.1 on my laptop and desktop at home as well as my laptop and desktop at work. Works great on all 4. Week 1 there were some pretty drastic graphics card drivers issues but there were some patches pretty fast and since then I really haven't had any issues. 8.1 actually fixed issues I was having pre-update.

Occasionally I'll encounter some problems with old games and the 64 bit OS but those are the same problems that are encountered on windows 7.
  • 01-17-2014, 02:42 PM
    Trunks
    Yeah, Windows 8 has been glitchy on my laptop. A lot of issues when updating and downloading apps. Hopefully 8.1 fixes that, but I rarely play games on my laptop, if I do it's only games like LoL or Minecraft so I'm not worried about that.

I've never been a fan of Windows 8, it's always ran slow on my laptop and it shouldn't. Hopefully 8.1 changes my opinion.
  • 01-17-2014, 04:00 PM
    Mizel
    I didn't like Windows 8 at all either. IMO, 8.1 is soooooo much better. I haven't any issues with it at all yet. Only issues I've personally seen with 8 in general so far has been memory leaks. Apparently it's just an issue with 8 that was not fixed with 8.1.

And I heard yesterday that Windows 9 will be out in a year. Seemed so soon!
  • 01-17-2014, 04:12 PM
    Trunks
    Yeah, but windows 9 is still the app based PC that I don't want. I may have to switch to Linux as my main OS if windows 7 becomes outdated and they don't give me any other options. That or if Steam OS picks up.
  • 01-17-2014, 09:22 PM
    LiNuX
    Windows XP is reaching its end-life now, so I think Win7 has a long way to go since Vista has to go before it.

I tried Windows 8 on work computers, and my campus only has 50 win 8.1 licenses, I don't think they're planning on upgrading yet and I don't have any plans of upgrading to win8 anywhere either. Only if my job gives it to me for free on a separate machine.
  • 01-18-2014, 07:33 AM
    Ziek88
    We didn't go live with win8 for the staff, I think I'm the only person using it at work. Personally, it's run faster and smoother on every system I've put it on than 7 did. At least 8.1 has. I had reverted to 7 during 8.

» Site Navigation

» Home
» FAQ

User Name:

Password:

» Sponsors