Forest Fire

Printable View

• 07-17-2014, 12:38 AM
    ROFLBRYCE
    Forest Fire
    So there's a massive forest fire just north of me. That's cool. The town 35 miles away was evacuated as well as the Indian reserve 12 miles out. We're not on evac alert yet, let alone having to leave but still pretty freakin' scary. It's at 20,000 hectares (20 square kilometers, 12 square miles) and growing. Absolutely nuts.
  • 07-17-2014, 12:49 PM
    paecmaker
    Damn, I hope no one has died.
  • 07-17-2014, 09:09 PM
    LiNuX
    That's scary. I read somewhere yesterday that a small town was blocked off because a forest fire ran through the only piece of road leading out of it.
  • 07-17-2014, 10:26 PM
    ROFLBRYCE
    No deaths! The community that was evacuated is now just on alert. We got rain (for the first time in 3 weeks with 90-115F weather!!) last night which really helped. Supposed to rain all weekend too. Thankful for that!

Hoooly man I couldn't imagine being trapped by a fire like that. It would be absolutely terrifying. I'd be finding a friend with a quad, load up a couple of jerry cans with fuel and take my chances in the bush lol.
  • 07-18-2014, 07:52 AM
    Mizel
    Quote:

Originally Posted by ROFLBRYCE View Post
    No deaths! The community that was evacuated is now just on alert.

You know, if that were happening in the US.... no one would evacuate and then ***** about it later LOL :P

Stay safe though, man. That's some skurry stuff :X keep us updated!
  • 07-18-2014, 10:56 AM
    ROFLBRYCE
    Well it isn't growing any more! They're finally containing it which is good. The provincial government was just letting it burn until it hit 20,000 hectares which is just stupid. So now they've got some helicopters and they're actually putting in a camp for firefighters to fight it, along with another big fire (32,000 hectares) that's about ~150km away. It's been raining like stupid which is nice, but still have the papers/insurance/IDs and the kitties ready to load up quick if we need to! Fire is some nasty biz
  • 07-18-2014, 11:51 AM
    Mizel
  • 07-18-2014, 01:35 PM
    LiNuX
    Glad to hear it's contained!
  • 07-18-2014, 03:34 PM
    paecmaker
  • 07-18-2014, 11:41 PM
    ROFLBRYCE
    Lmao Mizel gifs. Not quite contained but getting there. They're trying to control burn ahead of the fire to prevent more fuel being added to it, and there's 10 copters I think? Dousing the fire/the general area to help as well. Winds were strong today and I haven't heard any updates but it's looking very unlikely my town will be hit by it anyways!

» Site Navigation

» Home
» FAQ

User Name:

Password:

» Sponsors