• 12-27-2011, 08:09 AM
    Optimallife
    How much do you care about achievement points?
    I just enjoy playing the games, but I've got a friend who's obsessed with getting every achievement before he will put a game down.
  • 12-27-2011, 09:37 AM
    BobTD
    they are just sort of there. I dont specifically go for them. I did for MassEffect when I saw I only had one or two left. But it would have to be a game I really liked for me to care.
  • 12-27-2011, 10:34 AM
    paecmaker
    I think its funny with achivements and if there are a few I can take without to much effort I will try. But im not a die hard fan so I dont replay the games just because of achievments.
  • 12-27-2011, 12:35 PM
    EpsilonX
    I rather like collecting trophies/achievements, but it doesn't bug me if I don't get them all.
  • 12-27-2011, 03:14 PM
    Mizel
    It’s weird cause some game’s I love getting achis and some I could care less about…. like WoW I was all about it. But take a game like…. Infamous or something and I don’t really care.
  • 12-27-2011, 06:28 PM
    Kink3bird
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Mizel View Post
    It’s weird cause some game’s I love getting achis and some I could care less about…. like WoW I was all about it. But take a game like…. Infamous or something and I don’t really care.

I'm the same way. If I'm a big fan of the game, like Dante's Inferno, Condemned, weird games that kinda hit my soft spot I will treat like my baby and try unlocking everything for.

But if it's like MW3 or BF3 or some **** I just hop online to play when I get home then I could care less.
  • 12-27-2011, 07:25 PM
    EpsilonX
    After I beat Demons Souls, I still wanted to play so I took a lot of time and tried to get a lot of the trophies. Eventually I got bored of it though haha. Some games I just don't care enough to try.

I've never gotten a platinum though. I'm 1 away from the platinum on God of War, but I don't feel like playing through the game in 5 hours haha
  • 12-27-2011, 11:21 PM
    Synge
    Quote:

Originally Posted by BobTD View Post
    they are just sort of there. I dont specifically go for them. I did for MassEffect when I saw I only had one or two left. But it would have to be a game I really liked for me to care.

Pretty much the same for me.

The extent of my caring: *achievement icon pops up* 'Oh look an achievement.'
  • 12-27-2011, 11:28 PM
    Exodyus
    I enjoy something to work towards in a really good game. Like Borderlands, it gives me something to do when I'm at Level 69 and at the end of Playthrough 2. Lol.

I'm not sure, but I know I have about 6-7 more achievements for PC and I'm finished with that game, just in time for Borderlands 2...

All in all, I don't run-and-gun for Achievements, but it's nice to know if you're close to something tangible that's beyond the in-game play itself.
  • 12-27-2011, 11:28 PM
    egg-whites333
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Synge View Post
    Pretty much the same for me.

The extent of my caring: *achievement icon pops up* 'Oh look an achievement.'

thats me right there :P

» Site Navigation

» Home
» FAQ

User Name:

Password:

» Sponsors