Last Movie You Saw

Printable View

• 12-20-2013, 08:13 AM
    Mizel
    Last Movie You Saw
    Ummmm.... hope no one minds that I necro bump this. Would be nice to talk about movies we've seen and see what everyone recommends :)

I saw Burke & Hare recently. Was a really good Simon Pegg movie. I recommend it!

Also saw Chitty Chitty Bang Bang for the first time ever... meh... I've just gotta say that I'm glad they don't make movies like the used to. The singing. So much singing >.>
  • 12-20-2013, 02:15 PM
    Trunks
    I moved you post into a new thread, starting a new thread is always better than bumping old ones.

Wish I could comment on those movies, but I've actually never even heard of them lol.
    The last movie I watched was Gravity. Pretty odd, would be really boring if you weren't interested in space.
  • 12-20-2013, 02:37 PM
    xLykos
    The most recent movie I've seen is The Hobbit Desolation of Smaug
  • 12-23-2013, 11:16 AM
    Mizel
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Trunks View Post
    I moved you post into a new thread, starting a new thread is always better than bumping old ones.

Wish I could comment on those movies, but I've actually never even heard of them lol.
    The last movie I watched was Gravity. Pretty odd, would be really boring if you weren't interested in space.

Works for me, thanks! :)

That's what I heard about Gravity... not sure I should even attempt to watch it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by xLykos View Post

I'm going to see that on Xmas. I am excited. How is it? I heard it's good, but too drawn out?
  • 12-23-2013, 01:15 PM
    BobTD
    Quote:

I saw it as well, it was pretty good. Just for fun: all three Lotr books together are 1137 pages, an average of 379 pages per movie in small print. Return of the king as a single volume in larger print can fill 1168 pages. The kindle version has 1036 on default size text. So roughly 1000 kindle pages per book.

The hobbit is 322 kindle pages. Thats 107.3 pages per movie. So they are working with 1/10th available material for this trilogy.

Also I watched Dredd the other night, it was despite the over the top violence pretty good. It felt like the comics and the setting was very believable.
  • 12-23-2013, 02:26 PM
    xLykos
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Mizel View Post
    I'm going to see that on Xmas. I am excited. How is it? I heard it's good, but too drawn out?

I didn't think it seemed drawn out. I thought the first one seemed a lot longer but I think that was because I had to pee the entire time lol
  • 12-24-2013, 08:25 AM
    Mizel
    Quote:

I didn't think it seemed drawn out. I thought the first one seemed a lot longer but I think that was because I had to pee the entire time lol

I think I love the book/movies way too much to think that the movie could be drawn out anyways. If nothing else, I'd just be sad that it wasn't longer :P

Ugh, that happens to me all the time!

http://makeameme.org/media/created/t...ret-nzlr2m.jpg

You should download the RunPee app. It tells you when the boring parts of movies are so you can go pee and not miss anything :)
  • 12-24-2013, 12:31 PM
    xLykos
    But every part of the movie is important! It all advances the plot and develops the characters haha
  • 12-24-2013, 12:35 PM
    Trunks
    I've read the book for the hobbit and it basically follows it perfectly. Nothing really gets left out and they actually add a few parts to it as well. I didn't feel like anything was drawn out.
  • 12-24-2013, 06:45 PM
    LiNuX
    The last movie in theaters was The Hunger Games. And on netflix was The Boondocks Saints.

» Site Navigation

» Home
» FAQ

User Name:

Password:

» Sponsors