Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default i have some questions about xbox. im a beginner

i want an xbox and guitar hero but really confused which of either to get.

what is the difference between xbox 360 20gb, 60gb, and arcade. is it only that 60gb has more memory? and idont know what arcade is?
    also what games are decent, but not war games??

and which guitar hero should i get. i dk whether to splash out and get the whole band with world tour or just get the guitar?

do you know where cheapest to get these? but a legitimate shop/site.

ive never even played guitar hero but i just want to spend my cash on something and it looks fun. but id like to play other games aswell which arent too hard.

1) DO NOT GET THE 360 ARCADE! THAT IS FOR POOR PEOPLE!

2) I'd recomend that elite one, if you'e got the cash and want alot of memory.

3) Gamestop, or ebay are your two best choices, since they guarantee refunds if something's wrong with the product.

4) Get the whole band, once again, if you've got the money.
    Much funner that way, but may i suggest the rock band 2 set instead?

5) For the other games, gamestop sells some used **** hella cheap.
    Like, i traded in some games i never play, and got DMC 4, Mass Effect, and GTA4 for under $70.

Well you need a Xbox 360 to play Guitar Hero.
    World Tour is obviously more expensive since it is the whole deal with drums etc.
    Guitar Hero 3 with the wireless guitar is now fairly cheap I believe...100$ CAN?

20gb is the amount of memory on the hard drive that comes with the Xbox.
    60gb being more memory 3x as much

Elite comes with a huge hardrive and runs alot smoother than the normal core purchase.
    Remember xbox has alot of extras other than just games and fun.
    It can play your music,videos, store your videos and do so much amazing stuff (y)

I agree with Riku. Gamespot would be a very good online choice.

Arcade is just the basic xbox. It comes with a Silver xbox live account i believe which is nothing compared to a gold account which lets you play with your friends online.
    The Arcade release was more of a family friendly version of the xbox package and was made for that purpose im sure.but yea.

Arcade is horrible for you, it is just all the arcade games that you don't even need discs for because they are saved on your xbox. You can still have an xbox or an elite xbox with arcade games.

Don;t forget to buy your subscription to xbox live. IMO paying for a a full year is cheapest. Its maybe 69$ for a year I think. then your rollin

3) Gamestop, or ebay are your two best choices, since they guarantee refunds if something's wrong with the product
    I disagree, just get one from a main dept store. You have a 3 yr warranty guaranteed by Microsoft. Gamestop will probably give him a system that's been sent back 5 times or try and sell him a Zephyr, and Ebay those ppl are shady as hell

Quote Originally Posted by jakncoke View Post
    I disagree, just get one from a main dept store. You have a 3 yr warranty guaranteed by Microsoft. Gamestop will probably give him a system that's been sent back 5 times or try and sell him a Zephyr, and Ebay those ppl are shady as hell
    I've had pretty good experience with ebay - its all about knowing who to buy from, I never buy products worth more than $10 from people who just signed up or with less than 50 ratings. and ebay will probably help save on a xbox 360 if he can get the right deal from the right person.

buying from a local store would help too especially if you know the guys working there, can get good discounts lol - i used to get like 20%-50% off my ps2 games from this guy near my house - he was the owner too so he couldn't get in trouble better than ebay - doubt i can get a console for that cheap though lol
    Do not PM me regarding your problems or suggestions for the board unless you are offering me money. I will Ignore your posts and if you bother me too much, you will be banned.

►Easy Programming | My Youtube
    ►Naztronomy :: Astrophotography | Custom Computers

And not to mention having to wait for the console to arrive or the possibility of a crooked Fedex of some other delivery service guy pocketing said package. If it isn't a Wii your tarded or cheapa## if you go online for a console

And not to mention having to wait for the console to arrive or the possibility of a crooked Fedex of some other delivery service guy pocketing said package. If it isn't a Wii your tarded or cheapa## if you go online for a console
    You know that can happen off of ebay. I buy most of my games online because you get a discount.

Also all my experience using ebay, I've never got ripped off once yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Trunks View Post
    You know that can happen off of ebay. I buy most of my games online because you get a discount.

Also all my experience using ebay, I've never got ripped off once yet.
    I was talking about ebay, anyways you buying games off of ebay is fine and well as your a teen but as an adult you should try and buy new and much as possible, support the hobby you love! screw ebay!

thats why there are shipping insurance lol - remember the thread i had about fedex sucking and how the guy delivered the items my dad bought to the wrong place? well he got his money back from fedex in a few days

but yeah, the wait is bad sometimes but waiting makes it all worth it lol, for me at least
    Do not PM me regarding your problems or suggestions for the board unless you are offering me money. I will Ignore your posts and if you bother me too much, you will be banned.

►Easy Programming | My Youtube
    ►Naztronomy :: Astrophotography | Custom Computers

Quote Originally Posted by LiNuX View Post
    thats why there are shipping insurance lol - remember the thread i had about fedex sucking and how the guy delivered the items my dad bought to the wrong place? well he got his money back from fedex in a few days

but yeah, the wait is bad sometimes but waiting makes it all worth it lol, for me at least
    Still didn't get his item fast though, and that was just a briefcase(correct?), if you want a console and have the money you want it that instant or really fast not a couple days later with the possibility of having file stuff because of some thief or screw up

Thread Information