Thread: Gears Of War

Default Gears Of War

I'm sure most of you already know, I heard it on X-Play, Gears of War is going to be a movie. I'm not sure what to think yet other than hoping it doesn't turn out to be a disaster. Anyways here is the write up!

Official Announcement

NEW LINE CINEMA ACQUIRES FEATURE FILM RIGHTS TO
    AWARD-WINNING VIDEO GAME GEARS OF WAR

Stuart Beattie (Pirates Of The Caribbean) Tapped To Pen
    Film Adaptation Of The Popular Video Game
    LOS ANGELES (March 20, 2007) – New Line Cinema has acquired the feature film rights to Epic Games’ award-winning video game, Gears of War, with writer Stuart Beattie attached to adapt the project and Temple Hill Entertainment set to produce. The announcement was made jointly today by New Line Production President Toby Emmerich and Epic Games’ VP and co-founder Mark Rein.

Since its debut in November 2006, Gears of War has broken sales records on the Microsoft Xbox 360, selling more than 3 million copies worldwide, and has received numerous awards including Gamespot’s “Game of the Year” and the Interactive Achievement Awards’ “Overall Game of the Year.” The game thrusts players into humankind’s epic battle for survival against the Locust Horde, a nightmarish race of creatures that surface from the bowels of the planet. The story unfolds as a ragtag group of soldiers use every last ounce of strength to survive the onslaught from the forces of evil, which begins on the historic Emergence Day.

Beattie previously penned Collateral, and is credited with the screen story for Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl. He has also written the screenplay for 30 Days Of Night and 3:10 To Yuma, a film staring Russell Crowe and Christian Bale. Cliff Bleszinski, the lead game designer for “Gears of Wars” worked in conjunction with Beattie to define a treatment for the film, which will target existing fans of the video game and captivate a whole new audience. Bleszinski will executive produce the film on behalf of Epic Games.

Gears of War is being produced by Marty Bowen and Wyck Godfrey (iRobot, Daddy Day Care) through their Temple Hill Entertainment production company. The project is being overseen for New Line by production executives Cale Boyter and Jeff Katz.

Creative Artists Agency represents Beattie, Bleszinski, and Epic Games. Beattie is also represented by Joan Vento-Hall of the Law Offices of Joan Vento-Hall.

fail.

lol...kinda wat i was thinking

movies based on video games...the first resident evil is the only good one that I can think of - silent hill was horrible, can't say much about doom, and I can't really think of other movies based on games at the moment lol

doubt I'll watch this one in theaters
    Do not PM me regarding your problems or suggestions for the board unless you are offering me money. I will Ignore your posts and if you bother me too much, you will be banned.

►Easy Programming | My Youtube
    ►Naztronomy :: Astrophotography | Custom Computers

Super Mario Bros. is the only video game movie I could stand and that one wasn't even an adaptation

Quote Originally Posted by LiNuX View Post
    movies based on video games...the first resident evil is the only good one that I can think of - silent hill was horrible, can't say much about doom, and I can't really think of other movies based on games at the moment lol

doubt I'll watch this one in theaters
    Silent hill kills me thinking about it every time. Love the game hate the movie. Never even saw DOOM i heard it was a waste of time. And i liked the first resident evil, and i didn't mind resident evil extinction but it really didn't have a lot to to with the game.

Quote Originally Posted by jakncoke View Post
    Super Mario Bros. is the only video game movie I could stand and that one wasn't even an adaptation
    lol i forgot about that one.
    Last edited by LiNuX; 01-25-2009 at 11:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CookieMonster View Post
    Silent hill kills me thinking about it every time. Love the game hate the movie. Never even saw DOOM i heard it was a waste of time. And i liked the first resident evil, and i didn't mind resident evil extinction but it really didn't have a lot to to with the game.

lol i forgot about that one.
    I liked Doom.

Anyway, I bet the movie still gets a lot of money. A lot of hard core Gears fans out there. I'll probably go see it in theaters. The game has a great story line, if Beattie does a good job, it could be a decent movie to watch.
    Last edited by Trunks; 01-27-2009 at 09:32 AM.

Number one question.... Will Carmine be in it?
    xD

Thread Information