Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Netflix instant is a nice feature to catch up obscure stuff and watch older stuff that you don't own and don't want to use a hard disc take out on either

Quote Originally Posted by jakncoke View Post
    Netflix instant is a nice feature to catch up obscure stuff and watch older stuff that you don't own and don't want to use a hard disc take out on either
    Ah ya--I knew about that part. I'm looking for something to tide me over until the good stuff hits my mailbox--and I have a LOT of movies in my queue. It's the reregistration crap that seems really annoying.

I say the 360. I've played both, and the PS3 has some nice stuff, graphics, a blue laser inside, et cetera. But the 360 has better online, more online features, and better games.

Kitey, to make the computer more comfy for movie-watching, put a recliner in, get a laptop, move the entire system to the couch, or some-such.

Good ideas, all. It's the wee screen that is aggravating. I guess I could connect the TV to the computer--especially as that would make PC gaming full of awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitey View Post
    Good ideas, all. It's the wee screen that is aggravating. I guess I could connect the TV to the computer--especially as that would make PC gaming full of awesome.
    Not a good idea, due to the resolution facts. If you try and run graphics or intensive games, movies, etc - through S Video, Movies might work alright, but gaming will turn your TV into a blue screen of Death.

I had a Daewoo TV once, a 19", that I used to play all my games on in my room when I was a wee lad, and in FFVIII, the GF screens of Quezocotl or whatever - the bright intense graphics Blue Screened my TV until the FMV was over. Lol.

Monitors are like 120 for a nice 22" wide screen, that's what I use.
    Shop NewEgg or MicroCenter.

Sadly to say, also - I now prefer the 360 over PS3, merely on the gaming facts. All my fan bases moved to 360, therefore it's only obvious that as a fan - I follow.

I have both and to me they are like children. You can't hate/love one more than the other.

Ps3 Pro's:

Wireless NIC is ALREADY THERE (so you don't have to spend 100 bucks to get a wireless adapater like the 360)
    80 GB HDD
    FREE online play
    PS3 exclusives (metal gear solid IV, uncharted, etc.)
    You can easily dual-boot with another O.S. (such as yellow-dog linux)
    BLU-RAY!!!!!!!!!
    SIX-Axis unique control is implemented in some games

PS3 CONS:
    not as many people on the online
    400 Dollar price tag
    HDD is inside, you can't replace it unless you open it up
    can't chat outside interface

360 PROS:
    ....xbox live=awesome
    Multiple HDD's can be supported and swapped out easily
    360 exclusives (Lost Odyssey, Dead Rising, Gears of War, etc.)
    Cheaper

360 CONS:
    Online costs money, not just to get on it but to purcahse the adapter for it.
    Noisy.....the 360 is like a 747 taking off compared to the smooth silent hum of the ps3
    Circle Scratches-the 360 is notorious for putting scratches on games due to the drive being loose
    Red Ring of Death a.k.a. The eye of Sauron: For anyone who has had a 360 for more than two years is probably on their second or third one. The hardware failure rate on the 360 is huge. Due to heating and other problems the 360 can get damaged quite easily and you'll probably have to replace your unit in less than a year or two. Which can actually be pretty expensive in the long run, whereas a ps3 will last your YEARS!!
    Last edited by hidekipooj; 05-08-2009 at 12:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by hidekipooj View Post
    Ps3 Pro's:

Wireless NIC is ALREADY THERE (so you don't have to spend 100 bucks to get a wireless adapater like the 360)
    80 GB HDD
    FREE online play
    PS3 exclusives (metal gear solid IV, uncharted, etc.)
    You can easily dual-boot with another O.S. (such as yellow-dog linux)
    BLU-RAY!!!!!!!!!
    SIX-Axis unique control is implemented in some games

360 CONS:
    Online costs money, not just to get on it but to purcahse the adapter for it.
    Noisy.....the 360 is like a 747 taking off compared to the smooth silent hum of the ps3
    Circle Scratches-the 360 is notorious for putting scratches on games due to the drive being loose
    Red Ring of Death a.k.a. The eye of Sauron: For anyone who has had a 360 for more than two years is probably on their second or third one. The hardware failure rate on the 360 is huge. Due to heating and other problems the 360 can get damaged quite easily and you'll probably have to replace your unit in less than a year or two. Which can actually be pretty expensive in the long run, whereas a ps3 will last your YEARS!!
    First, the PS3 has HORRIBLE online.
    If it goes down- you're down until the company who runs it puts it back up. With Microsoft, their network goes down, like, once every two months, and they have it right back up in less then 10 minutes because Microsoft owns their network, with it being the only one to worry about.

The PS3 exclusives aren't OMGICAN'TLIVEWITHOUT, and the other games for them aren't that great. It doesn't have a wide selection of games.

Like someone said, 13 cents a day, wow, so much. And for that much of a better network, that shouldn't even be a con.

It isn't that noisy, I have a brand new one because my brother wants his so my dad and I had to get a new one. It isn't that loud, it isn't worse then the fan in your computer.

My brother has had his since it came out- no RROD. And with the new version, it almost never happens. That was what the "OMG LOUDNESS" is, the new fan added to stop RROD.

The 360 repair rate isn't big if you take care of it, (The new one) and the PS3 one is about the same. Since Microsoft fixed their major issue for the most part, you can't make it sound like it will happen to every person every week of every year. Our 360 that we've had since it came out isn't showing any problem at all, no need for repair, no indications.

And the wireless adaptor for online, it is called an "ethernet" cable. You just plug it into the back and BAM online, the wireless thing is almost useless since you can route it to most computers, which plug into the wall or wirelessly.
    Samus-Fan :: Graphic Store ¦ Samus Graphics :: Graphics and Blog

Winner of Fourteen Signature Of The Weeks!
    Winner of Two Signature Of The Months!

@Samus:

By not quoting my entire post, you make it look like I'm a ps3 fanboy...either way as I said earlier, both are equally good systems and I posted PRO's and CON's for both, as I see them.

Besides....why choose one or the other? A true gamer would get both...
    Last edited by hidekipooj; 05-09-2009 at 12:29 PM.

meh don't mind him, he's been a 360 console warrior since forever. Sooner or later he'll grow up and realize how trivial it is to be a console warrior.

PS3.
    Although I have a 360, PS3 has free-online, same amount of games (almost) and it doesn't break down. It also has Blu-Ray.
    Come check out my YouTube channel, all about gaming tips and tricks and walkthroughs and even reviews!
    YouTube - MrGamertip's Channel

Thread Information