Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: An OG of WoW.

Default An OG of WoW.

I started Beta-WoW in 8th Grade. Played through High school and quit.
    why?
    New gen WoW is increasingly difficult to deal with.
    I can't stand the new content, lore aside, the game play is repetitive.
    The fights have just lost their Vanilla-WoW freshness.
    I remember when UBRS was considered end-game and now Naxx.. again! I had enough of Kel'Thuzad when I was in the first 3 tiers. WoW will always hold a place in my heart as the former-greatest MMO ever. But adolescent subscriptions don't help the game. I hated all the damn kids in that game, it makes me sick just to think about them.
    Expansions are good, But making a perfect game MORE flashy and increasing the server cap makes me QQ hard.
    I've really just turned this into a rant, would any one care to join in?

I'd love to hear what an active WoW player of today has to say about this.

I had to quit about 3 months ago for the same reason. Vanilla WoW was the best part of the game. I played all the way through WotLK and cleared all end game content up to Ulduar. As you said, it just got too repetitive. Grind for rep, mats for enchants, kill the same bosses week in and week out. I love the lore, love the game (i met my fiance through WoW for gods sake), but at the end of the day, I just couldn't bring myself to log in every tuesday to go clear Naxx in an hour and a half the find myself bored for the next 7 days.

I've recently started Warhammer Online, a different feel but it's surprisingly more of an older age range. I'm happy with the game for now, I definitely recommend it to any of the classic WoW players who want a change of scenery.

Original WoW was a good introduction to many people who really didn't play MMORPGs and it did great. The Burning Crusade was great !!! One of the best !! Arenas made the game even more enjoyable. Wrath ... wrath ... wrath sucked !!! No challenge to level at all. No challenge to get your Tier pieces at all. Since you can beat VoA easily and Naxx is cake Malygos is cake. Ulduar ... well it's Ulduar ... I quit last month, but if I come back it's going to be for casual raiding and hardcore pvping !!
    Fear The FearLess

Quote Originally Posted by Blackleo View Post
    Original WoW was a good introduction to many people who really didn't play MMORPGs and it did great. The Burning Crusade was great !!! One of the best !! Arenas made the game even more enjoyable. Wrath ... wrath ... wrath sucked !!! No challenge to level at all. No challenge to get your Tier pieces at all. Since you can beat VoA easily and Naxx is cake Malygos is cake. Ulduar ... well it's Ulduar ... I quit last month, but if I come back it's going to be for casual raiding and hardcore pvping !!
    That's what I hear, WoW is becomming more of a PvP game, Which isn't bad, I just miss the days when I could get together with 40 of my online friends and spend hours upon hours clearing a raid instance, and enjoying every minute. Now all I hear is QQ about end game content.
    Coming from some one with a , PvE > PvP, midset.. I think when I renew my account I won't even try raiding.

And I agree, BC was awesome! But I never got to down Illidan before pre-wrath pugs, and the only SWP groups I participated in was for guild farming. I personally liked TK, Those raids needed sertain skill to complete, it was easy to weed out the noobs.

EDIT:How are the classes in wrath? ...Rather... How is the shaman class?
    It was my origional choice and I'd like to pick up where I left off.
    Last edited by TramaMama; 07-11-2009 at 02:01 AM.

Am i the only one who understood nothing in this thread?

Quote Originally Posted by Riku-Nara View Post
    Am i the only one who understood nothing in this thread?
    Clearly you are, so gtfo?

LOl Riku ><

Well shaman is ... some what OP. The last I heard is that they're totems are going to last 5 mins and can put them up at the same time or something. Healing is a ***** to kill at times. And elemental with their doggies is burst. Shammies are still good. I still play my rogue and will stick with him. I am one of the old rogues that stuck to their original toons. But not playing atm, not til I get my new PC and then maybe i'll get a pre-paid.
    Fear The FearLess

There were the days !! Days of fun and enjoying a good game !!!

YouTube - WoW: Molten Core: Most Dramatic Ragnaros Kill
    Fear The FearLess

Quote Originally Posted by Blackleo View Post
    There were the days !! Days of fun and enjoying a good game !!!

YouTube - WoW: Molten Core: Most Dramatic Ragnaros Kill
    I remember my first rag kill.
    Was just that epic..
    It'll never be the same, Blizzard should open a Vanilla WoW Server.
    I'd rather play classicly.

Thread Information