View Poll Results: Do you believe in evolution?

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

15 65.22%
  • No

6 26.09%
  • I'm uncertain/unconvinced/ i don't care

2 8.70%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Evolution

Default Evolution

I recently discovered that some of my closest friends do not believe in evolution and it got me wondering who else doesn't. This thread is NOT to be used to make fun of other's views. We're all entitled to our own opinion.

I believe in evolution. There's enough evidence behind it and it seems the most realistic theory. I've studied evolution further than needed and the more i read, the more i understand how and why it happened. I could give evidence to support what i say, but i doubt anybody cares and it's too complicated to type without diagrams XD

So, everyone else

(This is coming from a non-religious bias)

I believe in evolution in the fact that it does exist regardless of your religious beliefs, yes.

As for humans evolving from apes, which I think was your real question, I can't say for sure. I believe we probably did, it would make sense, but I always leave open the small chance we were put here by some alien race or something, I don't know lol.

Now before I get flamed for this I don't actually believe extraterrestrials made humans; but, there is nothing wrong with studying alternate theories.

Thank ye kindly, StreetSoldier.

Quote Originally Posted by Ubernerd View Post
    As for humans evolving from apes, which I think was your real question, I can't say for sure. I believe we probably did, it would make sense, but I always leave open the small chance we were put here by some alien race or something, I don't know lol.
    Actually that wasn't what i was specifically thinking of. I was thinking in general of the entire world having evolved from one thing (i can't remember what it is, though most likely a bacterium) and differentiating and evolving over billions of years. More specifically though, of if the prokyrotes joined together in some weird way to create the eukyrote (what with structures in the eukyrotes being similar in shape and form to an entire prokyrote)
    Last edited by RaiDae; 09-17-2009 at 03:47 PM.

We're either monkeys or martians.
    Juicyz gave me a puppy! <3

Regardless of religion, another way to say Evolution without the hesitation and skepticism, is to simply call it Adaptation.

We adapt to things. Animals adapt to change. Climate, Human, and Environment.

Adaptation is irrefutable.
    Obvious. Fact.

So, if people say they don't believe in evolution, ask them if they've changed and adapted to new schools, new classes, different friends.

Then -- let them sulk in their own ignorance for a bit. Heh.

I can say this with firm birth in Christianity for years and years.

if black people evolved from apes does this mean we evolved into white people

evolution is as stupid as that question. We all evolve but not from other things

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob View Post
    if black people evolved from apes does this mean we evolved into white people

evolution is as stupid as that question. We all evolve but not from other things
    Not quite understanding what you mean by that... You mean everything evolved from one thing. Or only humans evolved from one thing?

Quote Originally Posted by RaiDae View Post
    Not quite understanding what you mean by that... You mean everything evolved from one thing. Or only humans evolved from one thing?
    He's saying that we might've evolved but he doesn't believe that we came from animals or more specifically, apes.
    Amirite?
    Juicyz gave me a puppy! <3

1. we didn't evolve from apes, we had a common ancestor - both species went into separate branches

2. Theory of Evolution is getting closer to becoming the Law of Evolution. Just like the Law of gravity, it used to be a theory.

3. I still know a few people that doesn't believe in evolution, but I don't bother explaining it to them, if they are around my age and they don't believe it, I doubt I'll be able to convince them in one go, so I don't try. I've debated evolution before on both sides in the past...I'm more of a science guy so I always had a hard time arguing from the religious point of view.
    Do not PM me regarding your problems or suggestions for the board unless you are offering me money. I will Ignore your posts and if you bother me too much, you will be banned.

►Easy Programming | My Youtube
    ►Naztronomy :: Astrophotography | Custom Computers

I believe in evolution.

Hi! I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaak.

Thread Information