Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Updates are a very good thing and sorry to tell you but they are not going anywhere. Most of the time they are very short downloads and don't take to much time. What are you going to do when everything switches to downloads. I really think that the way things are going within like 5 years or so we won't be buying games at stores just downloading them all.

Quote Originally Posted by BIGDUDEJOE View Post
    why in the hell did they start updates for the ps3 and why does it connect to the net.

consoles where doing fine before updates and the net.

sega mastersystem , mega drive, dreamcast, saturn, ps1 ,ps2, nes, snes ,64, gamecube, no updates and not net required.

why the hell did they start all the ****????
    Dude many of the things you see today were through updates. I laugh at people that complain when Sony is making the system better.

I no i hate updates, i go to ma mates and we go to play 2 player game, and hello an update

Quote Originally Posted by Frank-the-Rabbit View Post
    Updates are a very good thing and sorry to tell you but they are not going anywhere. Most of the time they are very short downloads and don't take to much time. What are you going to do when everything switches to downloads. I really think that the way things are going within like 5 years or so we won't be buying games at stores just downloading them all.
    I can see a light downside from updates. I think some developers have released games with way to many bugs when they should have pushed back the launch. Like FableII, for example. Quality is something that should be tested before you ship out.

Me and my brother both lost our save games to completely unrelated glitches. Close to 50 hours of gameplay to.

Updated are necessary to fix those problems, but some standard or quality should still be demanded.
    "Prediction: Zenimax Online is making an MMO set in the elder scrolls universe" -BobTD 8-25-2010 (search it on the forum)

I don't mind updates I usually just text some friends and by the time i finish with my text the updates are done
    but I don't have a ps3 so I wouldn't know but I do have a 360 and I do have a lot of updates

made by Th3-Devils-Princess
    Joe Mauer is the best catcher

Quote Originally Posted by BobTD View Post
    I can see a light downside from updates. I think some developers have released games with way to many bugs when they should have pushed back the launch. Like FableII, for example. Quality is something that should be tested before you ship out.

Me and my brother both lost our save games to completely unrelated glitches. Close to 50 hours of gameplay to.

Updated are necessary to fix those problems, but some standard or quality should still be demanded.
    Don't you think this more has to do with the quality control of the company more so then the fact that they can update things? I am glad they are able to patch issues that come up but I hold the developer responsible for making sure they release games with as few of these issues as possible. I guess it sounds like to me your beef is more with developers then with the fact that games can be updated. Updates are not always bug fixes an example of this is there was an Uncharted 2 update that added clan tags to the multiplayer.

Thread Information