Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Forum Converted to vBulletin - Can Comment Inside

Hello fellow forum members. As you have noticed, the forum has been down for almost the past 2 days but that was only due to our conversion status.

We have successfully imported users, posts, threads, private messages, and everything else. But you may notice some differences here and this thread will explain it all.

First, Most of the members are senior members and that is because I have not set up all the other user ranks yet. Give me time and it will come to you. And if your username or display name isn't like before, just make a thred in the question/suggsetions board and I will change it asap. And when posting, if you dont see some smiley' don't freak out, just some missing ones that will be fixed.

Second, if you had special usergroup permissions before such as supermod, junior mod, global mod, mvp, vip, or gfx pro - You don't have those permissions yet, that is because these are in the process of being set up.

Third, if you go look at your sig, you will see that there are some broken html codes, to fix that, click the usercp >> edit signature - and just fix the code. Erase the unnecessary ones.

Fourth, please again go to usercp >> edit options and fix the time settings to your liking, to where you live because it has been set up to default of 0 GMT. If you live in NY like me, it is most likely ts 04 GMT.

Fifth, the look of the forum -- i know its the default theme but again after a little while we will change the them, and import everything out it will be better, we are just settling in now.

Sixth, the left panel on the forum, it probably looks screwed up to some of you and I am trying to fix that right now.

Seventh, points for posting, it is not enabled yet, you guys may have to wait upto a week or two to get that feature again, vBulletin isn't known for its point system like phpBB and smf but we will integrate it into the forum. It doesn't mean stop posting, because we will give out a lot of points to top posters later on. And yes this means tonite, the Independence Day raffle drawing has been delayed. Still a chance for me to pick a winner just no points will be given out.

Eighth, last but not least, if you find any forum errors, or have suggestions, such as a good skin for us dont hesistate to tell us. Just make a new thread in questions and suggestions and we will consider it.
    Thank you!
    LiNuX

wow this looks good mate good work here.
    it seems like that your more lucky then me.
    mine was so much moded that it could not be converted to the new phpBB3 soft, so i have to move every post and change the posters name after
    visit my place here

Oh wow, that's going to take a while :|.

Quote Originally Posted by Rotekoppen View Post
    wow this looks good mate good work here.
    it seems like that your more lucky then me.
    mine was so much moded that it could not be converted to the new phpBB3 soft, so i have to move every post and change the posters name after
    yes it is a lot of work, having trouble with the right side panel now lol, but all getting worked to be fixed - and if u need help with your thing, u can always ask the script help section of this forum

Quote Originally Posted by souljaa View Post
    Oh wow, that's going to take a while :|.
    i really hope it doesnt take a long while lol, but thanks

with a little help from souljaa - i have fixed all the side panel problems, more will be added on the side panel menu and etc but for now i will leave it at that and work on the new skin

look for threads that explain how to receive and send reputation points/power, and how you can avoid getting infractions, remember 10 infractions = ban

thanks!

thats a lot to read lol, nice to know souljaa helped and looks like a lot of problems need to be fixed but it'll be done and omg i love this new style and software, its soo much smoother and easier lol, faster too
    i sign here

im assuming problems 1-6 are fixed, number 7 is being worked on, and number 8 is continuous

good job with this forum, i love it, its sooooooo smoooth and fast for me

topic unstickied since many has gotten the feel of this - you can still comment on this

@diablo - problem number 7 is almost fixed as well all gone in about 2 weeks, not bad huh
    Do not PM me regarding your problems or suggestions for the board unless you are offering me money. I will Ignore your posts and if you bother me too much, you will be banned.

►Easy Programming | My Youtube
    ►Naztronomy :: Astrophotography | Custom Computers

Hey, thanks for updating the site! It got a lot better now through.

Quote Originally Posted by Strive View Post
    Hey, thanks for updating the site! It got a lot better now through.
    how would you know, you haven't been here before the update lol
    Do not PM me regarding your problems or suggestions for the board unless you are offering me money. I will Ignore your posts and if you bother me too much, you will be banned.

►Easy Programming | My Youtube
    ►Naztronomy :: Astrophotography | Custom Computers

Thread Information