Post Battlefield 1943

I know this game is quite dated, but this game still is one of my top favorites, so I felt the desire to write up a review for this stellar game.

Set in 1943 in the Pacific, Battlefield 1943 is a FPS that puts players in the role as a Japanese soldier or an American soldier fighting to conquer bases on the islands of Guadalcanal, Iwo Jima, or Wake Island. As either a Japanese or American soldier, players choose from three distinct classes: Infantryman, Rifleman, or Scout and fight up in the skies or on land.

Infantryman are armed with a light machine gun, which differs, in appearance only, from the Japanese and the Americans, and a rocket launcher. Rifleman are equipped with a rifle that has grenade attachments, and as a sidearm, a pistol. And finally, snipers have scoped bolt action rifles. Rather than a side arm, snipers have either a sword (for the Japanese), or a knife (for the Americans). Snipers also have the ability to take out tanks with their explosives. Each of these classes have grenades, as well.

What really does make this game so exciting is the ability to take the fight on land or up in the air. On land, soldiers can charge with guns blazing or in tanks. The maps are larger than those on any COD series, so vehicles are scattered across the maps for easy travel. As for fighting up in the air, players can fly a single plane or take command of a bombing unit. With the bombing unit, players must run to an air command station, where they enter it and control three planes at once, which fly across the map once, and the player decides when to drop a barrage of bombs on enemy forces.

In this game, almost anything can be destroyed. From trees to buildings, players can destroy anything that gets in their way. Players that decide to hide behind walls of a building are not safe from grenades or other explosives, which might expose them to enemy fire.

If this sounds like the game for you, this game may be purchased on the PSN for around $20-30. The game is an only multiplayer game, like with Warhawk and Battlefield: Bad Company.
    Last edited by GrandMoff; 05-18-2010 at 05:25 PM.

yeh man, first time I played it on pc, all I can say was that it's my first time playing battlefield or ww2 game. And yet it's the best series for WW2 game.
    The best part is when we can fly the plane.

I try to make a kamikaze attack. lmao

Thread Information