Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Muffincat View Post
    So, they released a "new class" - the commando. XD

Clearly an April Fool's joke, but really funny

Commando | Guild Wars 2

if you are interested :P
    That would probably be sooo OP/out of place, but it would be so badass. xD

^Sig made by Lemons^
    "And if you succeed, you will do so... without recognition. Because you. Do not. Exist."

SO... having never played the first GW, my question is- should I try it? Almost everybody I know that has played the first one loves it and cant wait for the second one. From what Ive seen and read about it I think it looks pretty good. However, Ive also heard from some that it is just way too simplistic and boring... so now I just dont know what to think :P

GW is a great game though its not for everyone. Compared to traditional MMOs it is more like an RPG with some multiplayer elements unless you get into the pvp side of the game. There is also a free trial on their main site that I would suggest trying out due to the difference in game play compared to other MMOs. The limited skill selection, you can only have 8 skills on your bar at any one time, was a turn off for quite a few of my friends that I tried to get into the game. I find the limit and creating more optimized or random silly builds to be a very fun part of the game and considering in other MMOs you end up using 5~10 of the 30 skills you have on your bar anyways the limit on 8 skills that you get to choose and mix to your preference. The game also has a very interesting combat system unlike other MMOs where ones total armor class is a sum of all of their armor and shields ratings in GW every attack has a chance to hit a particular part of your body and does damage depending on the armor piece that is hit.

I could keep this going for a while so ill stop it short. Download the demo from the GW site and try it out, if you do end up picking it up I am sure that Muffincat and I would be down to play some

Quote Originally Posted by Muffinbat View Post
    GW is a great game though its not for everyone. Compared to traditional MMOs it is more like an RPG with some multiplayer elements unless you get into the pvp side of the game. There is also a free trial on their main site that I would suggest trying out due to the difference in game play compared to other MMOs. The limited skill selection, you can only have 8 skills on your bar at any one time, was a turn off for quite a few of my friends that I tried to get into the game. I find the limit and creating more optimized or random silly builds to be a very fun part of the game and considering in other MMOs you end up using 5~10 of the 30 skills you have on your bar anyways the limit on 8 skills that you get to choose and mix to your preference. The game also has a very interesting combat system unlike other MMOs where ones total armor class is a sum of all of their armor and shields ratings in GW every attack has a chance to hit a particular part of your body and does damage depending on the armor piece that is hit.

I could keep this going for a while so ill stop it short. Download the demo from the GW site and try it out, if you do end up picking it up I am sure that Muffincat and I would be down to play some
    This

As bats said, the MMO element isn't apparent in the game, as it's more of an online RPG. You can take on the world by yourself with a team of bots (that you choose depending on what class you want with you), you can group up with a mix of friends and bots, or you can team up with a full party of friends

If I remember correctly, the further into the game you get, the more party members you are allowed - it gets quite fun, and the story is amazing!

The level cap is only 20, but it really doesn't matter, as there's plenty to do after you hit the level cap!

Sounds pretty good to me See, thats what I think Id like about the game- that you can play solo or with a group.... Kind of what I liked about Diablo compared to WoW.... and I did see the free trial on the website, will def check it out! ^_^

Its also worth pointing out that where other MMOs have gear grinding for end game GW does not actually have any gear grinding excluding looking for a particular weapon skin or farming plat/materials for some of the elite armor, which has the same stats as normal max armor but look different and cost a lot more in materials and base price (I recently made the 5p elite armor on one of my chars and all the materials+5p per piece was around 350p)

The lack of end game content compared to other MMOs can be sort of discouraging, but at the same time it makes it a lot easier to pick up and put down and it doesn't give that 'I need to play to keep up with everyone else' feeling like other MMOs.
    Last edited by Muffinbat; 06-06-2011 at 07:40 PM.

That doesn't bother me so much... I think I'd kind of like that aspect actually. Other then not having the 'I need to play to keep up with everyone else' feeling it would also prevent me from becoming TOO addicted :P

Syracuse, NY (but always California in my heart <3)

There's also no subscription fee if you do end up buying it, which is always nice

If you decide to play, let us know so we can play with you

^ Sig by Foofle ^

Oh, the no fee is def a huge plus Already have enough of those :P

Sounds good!

Quote Originally Posted by Muffincat View Post
    There's also no subscription fee if you do end up buying it, which is always nice

If you decide to play, let us know so we can play with you
    Unless you play with muffin and her 'lend me some money for this armor!'

Thread Information